ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 salary requirement query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gavindbutler
Newly Registered

Tier 2 salary requirement query

Post by gavindbutler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi there!

I am finding it difficult to understand the 35k salary requirement in relation to tier 2 visas.

Are you required to earn 35k for each of the visa years? Or is the 35k threshold only applicable at the point at which you apply for permanent residency at the end of a tier 2 visa?

For example, could I get a job which pays 27k in the first year and qualify for a tier 2 visa? I would just have to hope I can get to 35k over the period of the visa.

Thank you for your help!!

Gavin

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 salary requirement query

Post by gag285 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:58 pm

gavindbutler wrote:
Are you required to earn 35k for each of the visa years? Or is the 35k threshold only applicable at the point at which you apply for permanent residency at the end of a tier 2 visa?

For example, could I get a job which pays 27k in the first year and qualify for a tier 2 visa? I would just have to hope I can get to 35k over the period of the visa.
The 35K salary requirement is applicable at the point you apply for ILR (Also Permanent Residency is different to ILR)

gavindbutler
Newly Registered

Post by gavindbutler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Thank you for your reply.

So the 35k threshold is only applicable at the end of the visa when you apply for ILR?

I have a job offer but as I am sure you can tell it is for less than £35k.

Thanks,

Gavin

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Yeah, right now you will need the salary at the minimum rate for your SOC code. If you're a new entrant- under 25 and applying for Tier 2 for the first time - the minimum salary level is much lower than if you were to be considered an experienced worker.

You could start at 27k now (assuming that meets the minimum requirement for your job code) and hopefully by the time you have to apply for ILR you could negotiate a raise upto 35k (if that's the minimum requirement for that year).