ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Reference Number Lost

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj2016
Newly Registered

IHS Reference Number Lost

Post by raj2016 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 am

Hi,

I have my VFS Bangalore appointment for TIER 2 visa application tomorrow, 26th Oct. I had succesfully paid the IHS Amount, Unfortunately I gave an incorrect email Id in my application and hence I didnt receive any mail. I can confirm the payment was successfully. What should I do now?
I reached out to the Visa UK Help and they asked me to write a letter stating the same with evidences that I have (Credit card statement and the Application login page where it says IHS Payment Completed)

Kindly let me know if this would work? Or ECO generally rejects an application without any IHS Ref number? Do they have an option to check the payment for IHS from their end based on our passport?
Kindly reply as tomo is my appointment :-(

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: IHS Reference Number Lost

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:50 am

Did your online application not get updated automatically with the IHS reference number when you paid?

raj2016
Newly Registered

Post by raj2016 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 am

Hi,

I tried to look at the application, It is updated with the Visa application reference number but not with the IHS Reference number. It just says 'IHS Payment Completed''. Looks like they dont display that in the online application :-(

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:07 am

It might not show it right now but it should show the reference when you print the confirmation. I didn't have to enter the reference in the application.

raj2016
Newly Registered

Post by raj2016 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:23 am

HI,

Thanks for your response. I checked the printed version. There is an Application Number that is GWFxxxxx. And I do see another Payment Reference Number. Is that the IHS Ref Number? Cos for my wife, I see the same details and her IHS Ref number is different than this Payment Reference Number. Is this info enough? No need to write the IHS ref number separately?

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:00 pm

The IHS number should be towards the end, mine was at the second last page, under the section "Payment". Its in the format IHS123456789.

s4satyendra
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by s4satyendra » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi Raj2016,
Could you get around this challenge? At the end, did you do as per the suggestion of UK Visa (submitting credit card statement and login page screenshot?
Please let me know what happened with your application or how you got the IHS reference number. I am in the same boat as you were, gave incorrect email id and wondering if I can prove that I have paid :|

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:08 am

s4satyendra wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 pm
Hi Raj2016,
Could you get around this challenge? At the end, did you do as per the suggestion of UK Visa (submitting credit card statement and login page screenshot?
Please let me know what happened with your application or how you got the IHS reference number. I am in the same boat as you were, gave incorrect email id and wondering if I can prove that I have paid :|
The user has not logged into the forum since 25th October 2016 and also did not provide an update. Unlikely you will get a response. Suggest start your own topic with your questions rather than tagging onto old topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.