ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) document checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hwanne
Newly Registered

FLR (M) document checklist

Post by Hwanne » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:24 am

Hello,

My husband and I have a Premium Centre appointment in a few days, and it would be great if anyone could take a look at the list of documents we have prepared as evidence.

A bit of context: he is an Indian national, and first came to this country as a student in September 2014 - his student visa ends in January 2017. We met in February 2015 and started living together in August of that year. I am a British citizen, currently work full time with more than the required earnings, and we married a few days ago.

Here's what we're planning to take, in this order:

-FLR (M) application form
-Appointment booking checklist
-NHS surcharge receipt
-2 passport sized photos of him, and one of me
-Both of our passports
-His recent Trinity College London Certificate (CEFR Level A1 with Distinction)
-Marriage certificate
-My payslips for April to September, stamped by company
-Letter from my employer confirming job title, length of employment, salary, how long I've been on his salary, and type of employment
-Letter from my employer confirming authenticity of payslips
-My signed employment contract
-My P60
-My official (sent by post) bank statements from mid April to mid October
-Tenancy agreement
-30 letters to our shared addresses, with 7 to both of us (from at least 3 different sources), spread pretty evenly across our time living together, with only 2 months from near the beginning missing
-Around 30 photos of us together at different points throughout our relationship (including wedding pictures, and pics with eachothers' parents) - with notes on the back explaining context
-Printouts of flight tickets for holidays together
-Wedding cake invoice
-Email between me and the wedding caterer

I hope I haven't missed anything out! Please let me know what you think :?

adee786
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) document checklist

Post by adee786 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:50 am

dear Hwanne
All your,s docs are perfectly alright.you don't need more docs, My wife got Flr m Visa on Premium service yesterday. Your spouse will get Visa Straightway.

best of luck

Hwanne
Newly Registered

Post by Hwanne » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:01 pm

adee786 wrote:dear Hwanne
All your,s docs are perfectly alright.you don't need more docs, My wife got Flr m Visa on Premium service yesterday. Your spouse will get Visa Straightway.

best of luck
Thanks so much for the feedback. It's great to have some reassurance. And congratulations to you and your wife!

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:24 pm

One thing I think I'd be careful about: if you weren't already on a spouse visa then they'll want to be able to establish you have a real marriage etc. So the more evidence of the living together and communications etc the better.

Also, the accommodation: we had to provide photos with the original spouse application to prove there was enough space etc. You might be sure to include that with the tenancy agreement.

I'd take more than you might need. We too have a premium appt this week. My understanding is that if they want to request additional documentation and you do not have it with you, then your application turns into a postal application (you go home, they wait for the documents then process the application). So basically you lose the £500 premium fee if that happens. Not to scare you but best to be prepared. I constantly quote the moderator who once said "better to be 200% prepared for the Home Office".

Good luck!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:53 pm

chickpea wrote:One thing I think I'd be careful about: if you weren't already on a spouse visa then they'll want to be able to establish you have a real marriage etc. So the more evidence of the living together and communications etc the better.

Also, the accommodation: we had to provide photos with the original spouse application to prove there was enough space etc. You might be sure to include that with the tenancy agreement.

I'd take more than you might need. We too have a premium appt this week. My understanding is that if they want to request additional documentation and you do not have it with you, then your application turns into a postal application (you go home, they wait for the documents then process the application). So basically you lose the £500 premium fee if that happens. Not to scare you but best to be prepared. I constantly quote the moderator who once said "better to be 200% prepared for the Home Office".

Good luck!
"30 letters to our shared addresses, with 7 to both of us (from at least 3 different sources), spread pretty evenly across our time living together, with only 2 months from near the beginning missing
-Around 30 photos of us together at different points throughout our relationship (including wedding pictures, and pics with eachothers' parents) - with notes on the back explaining context
-Printouts of flight tickets for holidays together"

I'm sure the Case Worker will regard this as more than sufficient evidence of a genuine relationship. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hwanne
Newly Registered

Post by Hwanne » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks for all your advice. I'll include some pictures of the house, as well as the inventory.

We're in a muddle over one last bit... we're relying on my income as the sponsor, but want to be completely honest on section 7.3A. My partner is not currently working, but has had temporary jobs in the last 6 and 12 months. Therefore, it's not accurate to put 'N/A' throughout that section for him, so we have added in details of his previous positions.

The problem is that we don't have all the required evidence for this like we do with mine, so don't want it taken into account for the financial requirement. Should we just include the evidence we do have for him, and only put my salary in the 'total combined income'? Or do we have to combine both of them (but then could it be rejected on the grounds of a lack of evidence of his employment?)?

Or would you just not fill out his employment details in the first place, for fear of causing confusion?

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:21 pm

Hwanne wrote:We're in a muddle over one last bit... we're relying on my income as the sponsor, but want to be completely honest on section 7.3A. My partner is not currently working, but has had temporary jobs in the last 6 and 12 months. Therefore, it's not accurate to put 'N/A' throughout that section for him, so we have added in details of his previous positions.

The problem is that we don't have all the required evidence for this like we do with mine, so don't want it taken into account for the financial requirement. Should we just include the evidence we do have for him, and only put my salary in the 'total combined income'? Or do we have to combine both of them (but then could it be rejected on the grounds of a lack of evidence of his employment?)?

Or would you just not fill out his employment details in the first place, for fear of causing confusion?
Bizarrely I have an answer, or at least input, because we are in a similar situation! My husband makes more than enough to satisfy the financial requirement. But, we too thought we best not leave my employment details blank, though I do not work at the moment. (I was on a maternity cover contract, ended in July.) My employer had not sent the payslips as we requested. So on the explanatory note I had written this:

"Section 7: For the applicant, XXXX, evidence included for employment is her last contract and the most recent P-45 and P-60. She is not currently employed. We note that Appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirement (May 2016) states at 3.2.2 page 9 that an applicant does not need to provide evidence of income if it is in excess of the financial requirement relevant to the application. As you will see, XXX’s income more than meets the qualification level."

Now I do not know that this is necessary, but as they ask for everything we thought we should explain. It then turned out that the payslips arrived JUST in time (today), so we've added "payslips" after contract. But you are most welcome to copy and paste this into your cover note (if you have one, we include a cover note that explains the few odd bits of evidence and also a list of all the actual evidence we have included so they can go through it more easily).

Hope this helps!

Hwanne
Newly Registered

Post by Hwanne » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:36 pm

chickpea wrote:
Hwanne wrote:We're in a muddle over one last bit... we're relying on my income as the sponsor, but want to be completely honest on section 7.3A. My partner is not currently working, but has had temporary jobs in the last 6 and 12 months. Therefore, it's not accurate to put 'N/A' throughout that section for him, so we have added in details of his previous positions.

Bizarrely I have an answer, or at least input, because we are in a similar situation! My husband makes more than enough to satisfy the financial requirement. But, we too thought we best not leave my employment details blank, though I do not work at the moment. (I was on a maternity cover contract, ended in July.) My employer had not sent the payslips as we requested. So on the explanatory note I had written this:

"Section 7: For the applicant, XXXX, evidence included for employment is her last contract and the most recent P-45 and P-60. She is not currently employed. We note that Appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirement (May 2016) states at 3.2.2 page 9 that an applicant does not need to provide evidence of income if it is in excess of the financial requirement relevant to the application. As you will see, XXX’s income more than meets the qualification level."

Now I do not know that this is necessary, but as they ask for everything we thought we should explain. It then turned out that the payslips arrived JUST in time (today), so we've added "payslips" after contract. But you are most welcome to copy and paste this into your cover note (if you have one, we include a cover note that explains the few odd bits of evidence and also a list of all the actual evidence we have included so they can go through it more easily).

Hope this helps!
Thank you! In the 'further details' bit at the end of the financial section, we have added:

"I have included my recent employment details in table 7.3A. However, as I am not currently employed, and the sponsor’s salary is sufficient for meeting the requirement, I have not taken my past earnings into account when calculating the total combined income from salaried employment.

I have included my P60, three payslips, and recent bank statements for reference."

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Hwanne wrote: Thank you! In the 'further details' bit at the end of the financial section, we have added:

"I have included my recent employment details in table 7.3A. However, as I am not currently employed, and the sponsor’s salary is sufficient for meeting the requirement, I have not taken my past earnings into account when calculating the total combined income from salaried employment.

I have included my P60, three payslips, and recent bank statements for reference."
Oh, yes that reminds me. Same issue here! (So many places it is unclear what the "correct" response is.) At 7.3A on page 29 where it asks the combined income, we put two answers and noted next to each, like this: "Last 12 months: XX amount & Current annual: XX amount." It wasn't clear if they really wanted that to include past 12 or going forward, so we gave both. I'm sure your answer is fine.

Hwanne
Newly Registered

Post by Hwanne » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks for the help and support! We had the appointment today and were granted the visa woohoo! :D

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:27 am

Hwanne wrote:Thanks for the help and support! We had the appointment today and were granted the visa woohoo! :D
Congratulations! We're off to Birmingham in the morning... will post result. :)

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:49 pm

In a painless process (except for the waiting around), we too were successful yesterday! See you around this place in 2.5 yrs when we're up for ILR! :)

Hwanne
Newly Registered

Post by Hwanne » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:31 pm

chickpea wrote:In a painless process (except for the waiting around), we too were successful yesterday! See you around this place in 2.5 yrs when we're up for ILR! :)
Well done, that's brilliant!