ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got son's passport directly without the Citizenship letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JoeLawerence2
India

Got son's passport directly without the Citizenship letter

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi guys. I had applied for my 3 year old son's citizenship and passport through JCAP on 11th July. I had been waiting for the Citizenship approval letter and instead I had got his passport directly :? . Is the Citizenship approval letter required for anything in future or is the Passport sufficient?

If the Citizenship approval letter is required how do I contact Home Office? Many Thanks :)

JoeLawerence2
India

Re: Got son's passport directly without the Citizenship lett

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Is it possible that the Citizenship certificate will come after passport? Anyone had that situation before?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:00 pm

JoeLawerence2 wrote:Is it possible that the Citizenship certificate will come after passport? Anyone had that situation before?
I remember reading older posts where it's mentioned that you will receive your son's certificate at the ceremony. Can't point you to the post(s) though but I think it's a fairly regular question.
Don't have personal experience as I have only applied for myself.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 pm

I guess as your son is a minor there won't be a ceremony and the certificate should hopefully arrive in the post very soon. It should really have come before the PP though, so may have been lost in the post if you're really unlucky :/ Maybe give it a few days and then follow up with the HO, the certificate may be needed for future PP applications.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Thanks guys for your advice.

I have received the certificate today by post. Should have been a little more patient I guess :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:26 pm

JoeLawerence2 wrote:Thanks guys for your advice.

I have received the certificate today by post. Should have been a little more patient I guess :)
Good news. They do say that patience is a virtue :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mughalsalyal
Newly Registered

Post by mughalsalyal » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:59 pm

JoeLawerence2 wrote:Hi guys. I had applied for my 3 year old son's citizenship and passport through JCAP on 11th July. I had been waiting for the Citizenship approval letter and instead I had got his passport directly :? . Is the Citizenship approval letter required for anything in future or is the Passport sufficient?

If the Citizenship approval letter is required how do I contact Home Office? Many Thanks :)
i have the same satuation i applied 16 aug.2016 two adult and one kid at 29 oct. i recieved my daughter passport and still waiting her registration certificate if this not arrive next week then where i contact home office or hmpo please guide me