ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Checklist for Pakistan Applicant?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zk00023

Spouse Visa Checklist for Pakistan Applicant?

Post by zk00023 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I and my wife are ready to submit online application for settlement visa. Can someone please take a look on the list below and advise if there is anything else is missing or I should add to documents. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently changed my job and been working for current employer for last 2 months. There was no gap in my employment and salary is above £18500.00 for both jobs. Hence, 12 month’s payslips and bank statements

We will be applying from Pakistan, Lahore. Priority Application

Document list:

Application forms:

• Online printed application form (signed by Applicant)
• Financial requirement form- Appendix 2
• Appointment confirmation
• Sponsorship undertaking - form SU07/12

Applicant:

• Passport copy
• Original marriage certificate - Attested by Foreign affairs office
• Original Urdu Nikah Nama- Attested by Foreign affairs office
• Original English translated Nikah Nama - Attested by Foreign affairs office
• TB test certificate Original
• 2 x Passport size photos
• English IELTS A1 test certificate Original from British council Lahore (Original)

Sponsor:

• Cove letter
• Certified Stamp passport pages

Financial documents

• Payslips x 12 (September 2015 – October 2016)- less than 28 days old – all payslips are company stamped
• Bank statement x 12 (September 2015 – October 2016)- all original bank statements are stamped from branch
• Current Company employment letter as per Appendix FM.SE
• Previous company employment letter that I worked here as per Appendix FM.SE rules
• Previous company and current company reference letter for electronic payslips to mention that they are original payslips and all payslips are stamp with company logo

Accommodation documents:

• Letter from parents- signed and dated
• Official Land registry
• Housing inspection report
• Housing plans & Photographs of house
• Utility bills

Relationship documents

• 100+ pictures showing Nikkah and reception ceremonies and miscellaneous pictures of dinner and outing etc•
• Wedding invitations cards
• Money sent receipts
• Gift sent receipts
• Watsapp chat history and call logs
• Skye chat history
• Fb post history etc

Other documents

• Self stamp envelope for documents to be returned to sponsor
• Flight tickets history x 3
• Payslips of other part-time jobs for this year- but my wife is not relying on this salary. But I will mention it in Appendix 2 financial form in section 5 as an additional information
• Honeymoon hotel reservations booking

i hope above list is good enough and please advise if think i should add more docs to make strong application.

Thank you reading this message. :) :)

cosak
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Checklist for Pakistan Applicant?

Post by cosak » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:25 pm

hi zk

thanks for your checklist...
is possible to post the template of cover letter..i am struggling to write one for my wife...i wonder if you could help...thanks

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:57 pm

can someone please advise if the document list above is Okay? i am submitting online application this week so want to sure that i have covered everything.

thank you for reading this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm

cosak wrote:hi zk

is possible to post the template of cover letter..i am struggling to write one for my wife...i wonder if you could help...thanks
My own cover letter was roughly 7 pages, I'll give a rough overview what I included:

first page and second page, I presented in the following way:

"Date here

Address of the sheffield office here

Title here (I called it "Application for Spouse Visa")

Dear Sir/Madame

Reference - GWFXXXXX
Sponsor - X (name) - D.O.B - Nationality
Applicant - Y (name) - D.O.B - Nationality

Please find attached to this letter my (your name) supporting documents for my application for spouse visa, for my husband/wife, X (spouse's name)

I have attached the following documents to this application:

* list all the documents you are sending along with you and number them as well"

Then after listing all the documents, the third page up until 7th page, I talked specific points about employment, relationship documents and finally ended with how I met the criteria for a genuine and subsisting relationship. And then, finally ended with,

"Yours faithfully,

X (you name)"

Hope this helps!

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:27 pm

zk00023 wrote:can someone please advise if the document list above is Okay? i am submitting online application this week so want to sure that i have covered everything.

thank you for reading this
All looks fine to me, but, double check the link CR001 just posted!

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:32 pm

MobeenSaeed wrote:
cosak wrote:hi zk

My own cover letter was roughly 7 pages, I'll give a rough overview what I included:

first page and second page, I presented in the following way:

"Date here

Address of the sheffield office here

Title here (I called it "Application for Spouse Visa")

Dear Sir/Madame

Reference - GWFXXXXX
Sponsor - X (name) - D.O.B - Nationality
Applicant - Y (name) - D.O.B - Nationality

Please find attached to this letter my (your name) supporting documents for my application for spouse visa, for my husband/wife, X (spouse's name)

I have attached the following documents to this application:

* list all the documents you are sending along with you and number them as well"

Then after listing all the documents, the third page up until 7th page, I talked specific points about employment, relationship documents and finally ended with how I met the criteria for a genuine and subsisting relationship. And then, finally ended with,

"Yours faithfully,

X (you name)"

Hope this helps!
WOW 7 pages, way way too long :o But if it worked for you, cool.

Mine was 3 quarters of one page and the other quarter was taken up by the name, address, date and signature.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:18 pm

zk00023 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I and my wife are ready to submit online application for settlement visa. Can someone please take a look on the list below and advise if there is anything else is missing or I should add to documents. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently changed my job and been working for current employer for last 2 months. There was no gap in my employment and salary is above £18500.00 for both jobs. Hence, 12 month’s payslips and bank statements

We will be applying from Pakistan, Lahore. Priority Application

Document list:

Application forms:

• Online printed application form (signed by Applicant)
• Financial requirement form- Appendix 2
• Appointment confirmation
• Sponsorship undertaking - form SU07/12

Applicant:

• Passport copy
• Original marriage certificate - Attested by Foreign affairs office
• Original Urdu Nikah Nama- Attested by Foreign affairs office
• Original English translated Nikah Nama - Attested by Foreign affairs office
• TB test certificate Original
• 2 x Passport size photos
• English IELTS A1 test certificate Original from British council Lahore (Original)

Sponsor:

• Cove letter
• Certified Stamp passport pages

Financial documents

• Payslips x 12 (September 2015 – October 2016)- less than 28 days old – all payslips are company stamped
• Bank statement x 12 (September 2015 – October 2016)- all original bank statements are stamped from branch
• Current Company employment letter as per Appendix FM.SE
• Previous company employment letter that I worked here as per Appendix FM.SE rules
• Previous company and current company reference letter for electronic payslips to mention that they are original payslips and all payslips are stamp with company logo

Accommodation documents:

• Letter from parents- signed and dated
• Official Land registry
• Housing inspection report
• Housing plans & Photographs of house
• Utility bills

Relationship documents

• 100+ pictures showing Nikkah and reception ceremonies and miscellaneous pictures of dinner and outing etc•
• Wedding invitations cards
• Money sent receipts
• Gift sent receipts
• Watsapp chat history and call logs
• Skye chat history
• Fb post history etc

Other documents

• Self stamp envelope for documents to be returned to sponsor
• Flight tickets history x 3
• Payslips of other part-time jobs for this year- but my wife is not relying on this salary. But I will mention it in Appendix 2 financial form in section 5 as an additional information
• Honeymoon hotel reservations booking

i hope above list is good enough and please advise if think i should add more docs to make strong application.

Thank you reading this message. :) :)
The SU07 isn't required, but no harm in including it, I guess. I didn't include it.

WOW 100+ photos :shock: I sent a total of just 13.

No need for house plans and photographs, that doesn't really prove anything, the photos and plans could be of any property. They don't come to check. But if you want to include them, go ahead.

I didn't get my passport certified.

I don't get it, if you're not relying on your part-time job, what's the point of including it?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:22 pm

You DO NOT need the SU07 form. It is not for spouse visa but or adult dependent relatives (i.e. parents).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:47 pm

The SU07 isn't required, but no harm in including it, I guess. I didn't include it.

WOW 100+ photos :shock: I sent a total of just 13.

No need for house plans and photographs, that doesn't really prove anything, the photos and plans could be of any property. They don't come to check. But if you want to include them, go ahead.

I didn't get my passport certified.

I don't get it, if you're not relying on your part-time job, what's the point of including it?[/quote]

Thanks for reading it. I probably reduce the pic numbers. we had house extension 7 years ago and have housing plans with the address. so i thought i should include it.
In Financial form Appendix 2- Part 5- it is mention that if you have any other jobs but not relying on on any category but must be included in the Additional section of Appendix 2 form. Hence. the reason to include. :) :)

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:48 pm

CR001 wrote:You DO NOT need the SU07 form. It is not for spouse visa but or adult dependent relatives (i.e. parents).

Thanks CR001 :) :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Housing plans & Photographs of house
You don't need this.
100+ pictures
You need to cut down on your photos. This is far too excessive. How many pages are you screenshots from social media and whatsapp etc?
Payslips of other part-time jobs for this year- but my wife is not relying on this salary.
If you are not relying on these to meet the financial requirement, why are you submitting them?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Housing plans & Photographs of house
You don't need this.
100+ pictures
You need to cut down on your photos. This is far too excessive. How many pages are you screenshots from social media and whatsapp etc?
Payslips of other part-time jobs for this year- but my wife is not relying on this salary.
If you are not relying on these to meet the financial requirement, why are you submitting them?

Thanks for replying.

i have cut downt to 50 pictures. i have not met my wife for 1 year so i thought i should include more pictures of different occasions to prove it is genuine relationship. In terms of watsapp chat history.... i have included watsapp call logs since January 2016 (5-10 pages / month) 7 skype call logs history (5-10 pages / month) since last september 2015....

i have seen in guidance of Appendix 2 financial form.. it is mentioned that if you have any part time jobs you must include it in the Additional section (PART 5); hence i am including it. i am not doing any part time jobs now but in last 12 months i have done it so i though i should include it.

Thanks very much for reading :) :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:19 pm

How have you captured your chat histories? Copies into blank paper, spreadsheet or screen shots?

Why have you not been to see your wife for a year? This is one negative aspect for the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:26 pm

CR001 wrote:How have you captured your chat histories? Copies into blank paper, spreadsheet or screen shots?

Why have you not been to see your wife for a year? This is one negative aspect for the application.

i have taken screen shots from phone and then converted it to pdfs and then printed pages. the name shown on screen shots of my wife etc (2 pages on one A4 page)... last year we had nikkah and mini reception and i stayed with my wife for a week. so my pictures span from nikkah day to last day.. various pictures.

the reason why i didn't go see my wife because we still have to do cultural wedding which is known as baraat and rukhsati. i have included in my cover letter with wedding dates and wedding cards. i ma going to get married in jan-2016 (have included the tickets and hotel reservation for honeymoon etc) and i have explained all in my cover letter. and i have been supporting my wife and sending money every month and gifts occasionally. and ofcourse, we talk everyday and i have provided that as a proof in watsapp chat and skype.

i hope this will be enough with all other relevant documents :?