ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ impact on tier 2 general visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kantaben
Newly Registered

CCJ impact on tier 2 general visa extension

Post by kantaben » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am currently on a Tier 2 (General) visa until Feb 2017. I shall be applying for an extension along with my wife as dependent in FEB 2017.I got a county court judgement in Jan 2016.I have not yet paid the full amount.

The question is will this impact my tier 2 extension? should i declar my ccj in my visa application or not. Any guidance will be of massive help.
Thanks in advance.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: CCJ impact on tier 2 general visa extension

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:31 pm

kantaben wrote:Hello Everyone,
I am currently on a Tier 2 (General) visa until Feb 2017. I shall be applying for an extension along with my wife as dependent in FEB 2017.I got a county court judgement in Jan 2016.I have not yet paid the full amount.

The question is will this impact my tier 2 extension? should i declar my ccj in my visa application or not. Any guidance will be of massive help.
Thanks in advance.

I am not sure if it will affect your application but one thing I know is that you must declare it. if you dont declare it ,your application might be rejected based on not providing accurate information about your self.
Did you accept that you owe the money and agreed to pay in instalments? or have you just ignored the payment. You have to declare it in your application and give details.
If you can afford to complete the payment, then I'd advise you pay up before applying for your visa. You will still declare it though.

Finally, you dont have to wait till Feb 2017 before renewing your visa. I'd advise you apply for your extension in December.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.