ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child ILR apply from abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rehankhan870
Newly Registered

Child ILR apply from abroad

Post by rehankhan870 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:53 pm

Anybody help me please bcz I have been searched a bundle of websites and solicitors to get my answer but I recieved different replies from them which made me too much confused.
Me and my wife, we have ILR and ILE (Permanent Settled) in the UK, and we want to apply for our son 5 years old ILE visa from Pakistan. I don't know... like...
how much income do we need to show ?
will we be allowed to claim working tax credit or any other benefits to support his visa application because as settled parents we are allowed to claim but what it means no recourse to public funds but still they allowed some benefits as follows http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 04025.html.
And can I apply for him as for premium service to get his ILE asap or not?
Please i need to get answer these questions.
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child ILR apply from abroad

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:44 pm

You cannot use benefits for a child if the child does not live in the UK and you also cannot use benefits for the financial requirement.

ILR can only be applied for WITHIN the UK. ILE, if granted, is applied from abroad.

You should apply for a child settlement visa on from VAF4A.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rehankhan870
Newly Registered

Post by rehankhan870 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.
How much income do I need to show?
We are already on working tax credit for me 30hrs and my wife 15 hours. Will it still effect my son application?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:27 pm

rehankhan870 wrote:Thanks for the reply.
How much income do I need to show?
We are already on working tax credit for me 30hrs and my wife 15 hours. Will it still effect my son application?
You need to have an annual income of at least £18,600.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

khanlala2016
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala2016 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:50 pm

You can use adequate mainatanace formula if either of you are on disablity or career allowaance or pip. If not you may still appply if your leave was granted prior to july 2012...i mean the new finanacial requriwmwnt cane to force..

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:07 am

khanlala2016 wrote:If not you may still appply if your leave was granted prior to july 2012...i mean the new finanacial requriwmwnt cane to force..
Where does it say that???
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

If the OP and his wife are able bodied and claiming Working Tax Credits, then they won't be earning the 18.6. That benefits earnings cutoff for a couple, is just over 18k.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... o-children

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:53 am

If both parents have ILR, then adequate maintenance is sufficient for child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rehankhan870
Newly Registered

Post by rehankhan870 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:30 pm

Thanks for the opinions you guys shared with us,, but my questions still remain the same because financial income threshold don't apply for permanent settled parents to sponsor their minor child's as some guys take us to different rules which doesn't apply to me. I would like to share that link again here and hope please read it before reply here and reply after. I will be thankful.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 04025.html

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:43 pm

The views expresser by vinny is the correct one, as Appendix FM does not apply to children , in circumstances where both parents are settled in the UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors