ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application date vs travel date / 3 months or more?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cosak
United Kingdom

application date vs travel date / 3 months or more?

Post by cosak » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:00 pm

hi guys

i want to apply my wife's and daughter's settlement visa on 10 Jan. 2017.. i have put travel date 20th April 2017 on the application... i wonder if it will be ok??... it will be 3 month and 10 days... i have heard that the application shouldn't be submitted more than 3 month before the travel date...please advice..

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: application date vs travel date / 3 months or more?

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:15 pm

You've misunderstood slightly. You can't request the visa start date to be deferred for more than 3 months, not that you can't apply more than 3 months prior to the intended date of travel.

Be aware that your wife and child will have to travel within 30 days from the visa issue date in order to collect their BRPs from a designated Post Office in the UK within 10 days of arrival.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cosak
United Kingdom

Re: application date vs travel date / 3 months or more?

Post by cosak » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:46 pm

thanks Casa,

if i put intended travel date 20th April.. will the ECO issue visa starting from 20th April for 2 and half years??... and my wife and child have to travel with 30 days from the 'visa valid from' date??.. confused...

so i can apply in January requesting the visa to start in April because they want to come over in April??...

thanks