ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation living with parents spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bwhope

Accomodation living with parents spouse visa

Post by bwhope » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:55 am

I am living with my parents in a 3 bedroom council house my dad is getting housing benefit, can I use this property for my spouses application as there is adequate room for my wife to join and my dad would let us stay here or would the fact that its a council house and him getting benefits afffect our application negatively, I earn over 18600 but live with parents and they dont charge me rent nor do I pay any council taxes or anything

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Accomodation living with parents spouse visa

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:29 am

You would need a letter from the Council as the landlords agreeing to your wife living in the property.

Do the Council know you are living there? Has your income been considered when the Housing Benefit was awarded to your parents?

The Home Office cross-check information with other Government departments, including Housing Authorities.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bwhope

Post by bwhope » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:53 am

Yes they know im living here and no my income wasnt considered when they got the housing benefit, ive only recently started earning 18600 this year before that I was at uni had no job etc, thanks for your help Casa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:56 am

bwhope wrote:Yes they know im living here and no my income wasnt considered when they got the housing benefit, ive only recently started earning 18600 this year before that I was at uni had no job etc, thanks for your help Casa
You will need to inform HB office of the change in circumstances and include your income for the benefit entitlement calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 am

CR001 wrote:
bwhope wrote:Yes they know im living here and no my income wasnt considered when they got the housing benefit, ive only recently started earning 18600 this year before that I was at uni had no job etc, thanks for your help Casa
You will need to inform HB office of the change in circumstances and include your income for the benefit entitlement calculation.

...and I suggest you do this before submitting your wife's spouse visa application when checks will be carried out to avoid repercussions for your father claiming HB which he may no longer be entitled to with your level of income. :!:

You need 6 months payslips showing annual earnings of £18,600 pro rata.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.