ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions in MN1 Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spzenthil

Questions in MN1 Application

Post by spzenthil » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:04 am

Hi Gurus,

I have a few questions while filling up the MN1 application and would like to know your inputs.

I am a british citizen by naturalisation and going to apply citizenship for my wife and daughter. Both of them currently hold ILR and previously were in Tier 1 Dependants.

1.1 - It should be under 3(5) . am I rt?

I am not sure about Section 3. Do I need to fill this?

Thanks,
-Senthil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions in MN1 Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:11 am

spzenthil wrote:Hi Gurus,

I have a few questions while filling up the MN1 application and would like to know your inputs.

I am a british citizen by naturalisation and going to apply citizenship for my wife and daughter. Both of them currently hold ILR and previously were in Tier 1 Dependants.

1.1 - It should be under 3(5) . am I rt? No! It is section 3(1) if the child was born abroad.

I am not sure about Section 3. Do I need to fill this? Ignore section 3, not applicable to section 3(1) applications.

Thanks,
-Senthil
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:14 am

spzenthil wrote:Hi Gurus,

1.1 - It should be under 3(5) . am I rt?

I am not sure about Section 3. Do I need to fill this?

Thanks,
-Senthil
No, if child was born abroad its a Section 3(1) of BNA application - at Home Secretary's discretion.

Section 3 of form, for 3(2) and 3(5) cases, does not apply to a section 3(1) BNA application.
So skip Section 3.

Edit: beaten by CR001
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks CR001 and noajthan.

Damn I should read the full guide. Was confusing with sections mentioned in the beginning of the guide itself.

Cheers,
-Senthil

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:37 pm

Section 1(3) is for children born in the UK to non-settled parents who have now become settled

Section 3(1) is for children born outside the UK to parents who are now British/settled (or applying to be)

Section 3(2) and 3(5) are for children born outside the UK to parent(s) who are British citizens by descent