ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

not receive acknowledgement letter/biometric letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kelly12345
Newly Registered

not receive acknowledgement letter/biometric letter

Post by kelly12345 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:49 pm

I hope someone can help, I sent out the application for ILR via 5 years t1 entrepreneur on 20th sep, and the application was received on 21st sep, the money was taken from account on 23rd sep, however after this I didnot receive any email or letter from home office yet, it has been more than 4 weeks now, I am really worried? anyone in the same case? or any suggestion which department or contact number I can contact them ?

ps: I received a text message on my phone today, no number but show home office, the message is :

home office records show that you may not have permission to remain in the uk. please contact us at

xxxxxx

it ask for the referrence number, but i donot have , what should i do now?

many thx in advance

kelly

Moderator edit: web link removed as forbidden web address

NickTheKiwi

Re: not receive acknowledgement letter/biometric letter

Post by NickTheKiwi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:07 pm

That link looks very dodgy indeed and I've not heard of anyone receiving text messages from home office. I think if you were illegally here, they wouldn't send you a text. It's quite common for the biometric/acknowledgement letter to take over a month at the moment.

chelsea_arv
Newly Registered

Re: not receive acknowledgement letter/biometric letter

Post by chelsea_arv » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:44 pm

NickTheKiwi wrote:That link looks very dodgy indeed and I've not heard of anyone receiving text messages from home office. I think if you were illegally here, they wouldn't send you a text. It's quite common for the biometric/acknowledgement letter to take over a month at the moment.
I applied on June 22nd and only received the Biometrics letter on July 29th. I was also worried but it just seems to be taking really long to process anything these days!