ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues with spouse application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rawgold

Issues with spouse application

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:07 pm

I have tried to go through old messages on this site but non seem to alleviate my problems...I have two lingering issues that I need your help with..

1. My employer are unable to add my gross earning onto the employment letter I requested from them instead they suggested I tell the Eco to refer to my p60. Can this be an issue?

2. Am living alone in one bedroom apartment at the moment which I rented through agent but they are saying they will not be able to write a letter for me because my wife name was not on the agreement. I was able to send a letter to the landlord though through the agency...is there any alternative to this ?

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Issues with spouse application

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:17 pm

rawgold wrote:I have tried to go through old messages on this site but non seem to alleviate my problems...I have two lingering issues that I need your help with..

1. My employer are unable to add my gross earning onto the employment letter I requested from them instead they suggested I tell the Eco to refer to my p60. Can this be an issue? Your P60 only shows what you earned in the last tax year. You need a letter from your employer confirming your current terms of employment and/or your employment contract. Why is he reluctant to provide this. :?:

2. Am living alone in one bedroom apartment at the moment which I rented through agent but they are saying they will not be able to write a letter for me because my wife name was not on the agreement. I was able to send a letter to the landlord though through the agency...is there any alternative to this ?
You are required to submit a letter from the landlord confirming that your wife is able to live in the property.
Thanks in advance
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Thanks Casa. The Hr are saying they are unable to find anything relating to my gross earning and that they are not ready to give and estimate. The other requirements are stated in the letter apart from the gross earning... is home office expecting them to give an estimate for my future earning or what?

Pertaining to the landlord letter, I don't know what the possible outcome could be ...waiting for his response to my letter...

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:40 pm

Just to point out, am on hourly contract so there is no way for them to estimate my future earnings.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:57 pm

rawgold wrote:Just to point out, am on hourly contract so there is no way for them to estimate my future earnings.
That means you're on a non-salaried contract. In that case, you don't need your employer to write on the employment letter your gross earnings for 6 months or 12 months, only what you make per hour and on what date you started making that. If there's been an increase in your salary, your employer needs to mention that as well!

Also, additionally, get your employer to verify your payslips by mentioning in the employment letter that they are authentic.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Thanks Mobeensaeed ....the payslips are original. They've mentioned my pay and the day it started and other relevant information. Is there any other thing I need to add to justify my pay.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 pm

rawgold wrote:Thanks Mobeensaeed ....the payslips are original. They've mentioned my pay and the day it started and other relevant information. Is there any other thing I need to add to justify my pay.
All I can think of now is, if you get paid for overtime, make sure they mention that in your employment letter, as well!

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 pm

They did mentioned my hour of work but I normally work extra hours but they never said anything about the extra hours on the employment letter. My contractual hours pay is more than enough for required £18,600.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:55 pm

rawgold wrote:They did mentioned my hour of work but I normally work extra hours but they never said anything about the extra hours on the employment letter. My contractual hours pay is more than enough for required £18,600.
It's not a requirement to, if I recall correctly, to state you get paid overtime. Just for the sake of completeness and covering yourself, it helps.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:01 pm

I Get your point.. you have been very helpful thanks... just clarify the employment letter..

My start date was mentioned, my hourly pay and when it started, contract type, job title, contracted hour and also mentioned that am still in employment. Are these informations enough for non- salaried contract.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:08 pm

rawgold wrote:I Get your point.. you have been very helpful thanks... just clarify the employment letter..

My start date was mentioned, my hourly pay and when it started, contract type, job title, contracted hour and also mentioned that am still in employment. Are these informations enough for non- salaried contract.
That's all perfect. If you can, get your employer to add in another line to your employment letter stating along these lines, "the payslips attached to this letter I can confirm are authentic..."
This is not a requirement, but will be helpful because the HO tend to be suspicious of payslips printed off by the sponsor/applicant!

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Like I said earlier my payslips are original from my employer .. the sealed payslips .. but will get a letter to confirm the authenticity if I printed off additional one from online. You are a star ... appreciate your help ... do u have anything to say about the letter from my landlord

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:24 pm

rawgold wrote:Like I said earlier my payslips are original from my employer .. the sealed payslips .. but will get a letter to confirm the authenticity if I printed off additional one from online. You are a star ... appreciate your help ... do u have anything to say about the letter from my landlord
Well, from what I can see, there's no way around from waiting for a response from your landlord. This is a requirement, so, all you can do is wait until your landlord replies!

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:26 pm

Ok.. will let you know his response as soon as get hold of one.. thanks once again

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Trying to feel my application online but stuck on the salaried part of it... am on non-salaried contract

Question 3:11 was.. sponsors annual salary before tax ...how do I answer this since my employer refused to give me my annual salary estimate ?

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)? I had pay increase in July does this answer the 6 month continuous question..

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

rawgold wrote:Trying to feel my application online but stuck on the salaried part of it... am on non-salaried contract

Question 3:11 was.. sponsors annual salary before tax ...how do I answer this since my employer refused to give me my annual salary estimate ?

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)? I had pay increase in July does this answer the 6 month continuous question..
For 3.11, all you do is this following:

"To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement."

So, add up all 26 weekly payslips, and the final value you get, which is hopefully above £9300, divide that by 6 and multiply by 12.

This is on page 19 of the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

for 3.12, all it's asking is if you've been in the aforementioned employment for 6 months. So, you just write, yes!

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:23 pm

You've been very helpful thanks a lot ...will surely get back for more questions :D

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:28 pm

I get paid every two weeks and going to gather all my payslips from May to October, which will total 13 altogether because one extra payment in September. Hope the 6 months payslips requirement is met. Am going to submit my application in November, is it compulsory I submit my November payslip?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:47 pm

The last payslip shouldn't be any older than 28 days when you submit the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks Casa.. so May to October is ok .. am submitting b4 middle of next month

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:02 pm

rawgold wrote:Thanks Casa.. so May to October is ok .. am submitting b4 middle of next month
Correct.
(Casa, not CR001)

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks Casa

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Am sorry for asking all this silly question but is better I ask than get turned down for minor reason...

There was a question about shared financial responsibilities on the appendix 2.. I normally sent money for my wife upkeep through money transfer agent, does that count towards shared financial responsibility or was only about contribution towards household bills or opening of bank account together?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 pm

rawgold wrote:Am sorry for asking all this silly question but is better I ask than get turned down for minor reason...

There was a question about shared financial responsibilities on the appendix 2.. I normally sent money for my wife upkeep through money transfer agent, does that count towards shared financial responsibility or was only about contribution towards household bills or opening of bank account together?
I believe it refers to the latter, but you can mention that you regularly send money in the 'additional information' section on the application form.
(Casa, not CR001)

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks again Casa