ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous period and date of application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramnath
Newly Registered

Continuous period and date of application

Post by ramnath » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:33 pm

I am currently on a tier 2 general visa and first entered in September 2011. My visa expired on September 2015 while I was in India. I applied online for fresh entry clearance- new sponsor on October 4th and submitted my application at the visa application centre on October 17th 2013. Is my continuous period broken??

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Continuous period and date of application

Post by iworker » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:00 am

10 year continuous status not broken.
5 year route to ilr is broken, as u didnt get an extension but a new leave.
although dates in your post are wrong and dont add up. where did sept 2015 come in from

ramnath
Newly Registered

Post by ramnath » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks a lot. Yes the dates I had mentioned was wrong.

I entered in September 2011 and my visa expired on September 15th 2013 when I was in India. I applied for a fresh entry clearance on October 4th (within 28 days of expiry of my visa) which according to the rules would not break the continuous period but I submitted my application on 17th October (after 28 days of visa expiry). So I wanted to check which date would count and any advice on this would be highly appreciated

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:35 pm

again the answer is as per my previous post.
you got an entry clearance again, rather than getting an extension.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:33 pm

ramnath wrote:I am currently on a tier 2 general visa and first entered in September 2011. My visa expired on September 2015 while I was in India. I applied online for fresh entry clearance- new sponsor on October 4th and submitted my application at the visa application centre on October 17th 2013. Is my continuous period broken??
not entirely sure but I think you will be able to combine. you did not mention when job end and when you left UK, this could be important. see this post, this is what you are looking for :)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1415146