ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Current year income proof

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atik

Citizenship - Current year income proof

Post by atik » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi All,

Next week I am applying for citizenship.

I am a limited company director and got p60's and Tax Caluculations for all previous years.

My query is: What proof do i need to show for 2016-17(we are half way mark) ?

I am getting ready with current year pay slips and divedend vouchers as a director of ltd company.

Is it ok? or not required to show for current year. Please comment. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Srini

anandpathak

Re: Citizenship - Current year income proof

Post by anandpathak » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:23 am

atik wrote:Hi All,

Next week I am applying for citizenship.

I am a limited company director and got p60's and Tax Caluculations for all previous years.

My query is: What proof do i need to show for 2016-17(we are half way mark) ?

I am getting ready with current year pay slips and divedend vouchers as a director of ltd company.

Is it ok? or not required to show for current year. Please comment. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Srini
Hi Srini ,
I was in the same Boat and I can share my experience.
I applied through NCS last week , and they asked for Self assessment seeing that I had marked myself as "Employed" AND "Director" . I told them that I am Employed as a Director and Not Self-Employed" and also told them I have both P60 and Self _assessment . The guy told me he doesn't need anything and just noted the PAYE reference number from my P60 on the application form. Job done I guess :)
I would have preferred the person taking my P60/Self assessment copy but he was very confident that they are not needed if I have P60.

Do note that NCS folks at different places could be a bit pain ..but fortunately my experience with NCS has been wonderful and I guess I need to wait till the Decision Comes to say that conclusively :)
Cheers
Anand

atik

Post by atik » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi Anand,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with NCS.

I am bit confused when you say Self Assessment, Is it SA302/Tax Calculation where you see all income from all sources like Salary and Dividends?

Could you please also answer below?

1. Did you submit any proofs for current year until now? Thanks
2. Did you provide them any pre-paid envelopes?
3. Do we need to fill in one instruction for passport fee per applicant or only 1 for all family?
and
How to answer BRP related questions 6.7 - BRP enclosed? and 6.12 ? your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Srini

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:46 pm

atik wrote:Hi Anand,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with NCS.

I am bit confused when you say Self Assessment, Is it SA302/Tax Calculation where you see all income from all sources like Salary and Dividends?

Could you please also answer below?

2. Did you provide them any pre-paid envelopes?
3. Do we need to fill in one instruction for passport fee per applicant or only 1 for all family?
and
How to answer BRP related questions 6.7 - BRP enclosed? and 6.12 ? your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Srini

As written earlier , The P60 (2016) as well as SA302(2015) ( The Tax calculation) sheet was NOT asked for submission by the NCS even when I had it. Only the PAYE reference number was NOTED down on the Tax reference section of the AN form by NCS staff.

2. Did you provide them any pre-paid envelopes? NO
I Filled ALL ( 2 adults + 1 kid) but I was given back 2 of them and all the Stickers were put in my Passport fee sheet. Please Note DO NOT put the Barcode number n the Passport Fee section as u will get new JCAP stickers in NCS
and
I had chosen YES . The NCS Staff wrote in Comments ection " The BRP Is retained by me. The CERTIFIED COPY is Enclosed by NCS Wandsworth"

Hope this answers all of your questions

atik

Post by atik » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks a lot Anand for answering me. Thanks