ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after the ceremony, and how to apply passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tnash
Newly Registered

What happens after the ceremony, and how to apply passport

Post by tnash » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Hello i wanted to find out what is the next step of getting the passport after UK Ceremony

Help help please !!!!!!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE CEREMONY, AND HOW TO APPLY PASSPO

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:01 pm

No need to panic! :shock:

If you want to use the 'check & send' service, pick up a passport application form from the Post Office, complete it and the Post Office will send it off. Then wait for a letter from the Passport Office asking you to attend an interview.

I've assumed you haven't used the JCAP service through the NCS (joint BC & passport application).

Or follow this instructions for an online application in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... g-it-takes
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:07 pm

At the ceremony you are given your certificate and a welcome pack from the home secretary (mine was from the PM as they hadn't updated it yet) which includes a form to register to vote as well as a passport application form.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:41 am

Noetic wrote:At the ceremony you are given your certificate and a welcome pack from the home secretary (mine was from the PM as they hadn't updated it yet) which includes a form to register to vote as well as a passport application form.
Exactly this! At my ceremony there was actually a representative from HMPO present. She had a bundle of passport applications, but you get a sort of "welcome pack" when you receive your certificate, which along with an instruction manual on how to be a British citizen, also includes a passport application form.

However, you can do it online. https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... g-it-takes