ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it better to get the registration certificate first?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emmasu
Newly Registered

Is it better to get the registration certificate first?

Post by emmasu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:04 am

Hello everyone and thank you for the amazing help you are providing to everyone.

So i have been here for a while. I used this forum from back when i moved to Romania. Now we have finally decided to move to the UK.

We are a married couple and ofcourse we are eu national ( Romanian husband) and non-eu national ( Omani wife). We have been together for the past 10 yrs and we have been married and living in Romania for the past 5 years. I have had the residence card for the past 5 years. My husband is a freelancer architect here in Romania, registered and paying taxes as freelancer and planing to do that in the UK. I have read the past posts to see if someone has done what we are planing to do but it seems nobody goes through that route. We thought it would be better for him to apply for the registration certificate first through the fast route and get it fast. Then apply for me after he gets his certificate.
Wouldnt it be better for me like that to demonstrate that he is exercising his treaty rights by having the certificate already, since they examine everything and giving him the certificate, demonstrates that he is a qualified person?

Thank you again.

noajthan

Re: Is it better to get the registration certificate first?

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:12 am

Do you mean hubby plans to apply for UK RC first? he has to be in UK to do that.
What do you mean by fast route?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 am

noajthan wrote:Do you mean hubby plans to apply for UK RC first? he has to be in UK to do that.
Sorry for not explaining that well.

Yes we plan he moves first to the uk. Get himself registered as self employed. Then apply for a registration certificate by going in person to the Croydon centre ( thats what i meant by the fast route). We were thinking if he gets his certificate like that, it does prove that he is a qualified person and then i can apply after that for the residence card.

I havent seen many people do that and instead they apply together. I know it look better like that but is it actually more practical?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:37 am

emmasu wrote:
noajthan wrote:Do you mean hubby plans to apply for UK RC first? he has to be in UK to do that.
Sorry for not explaining that well.

Yes we plan he moves first to the uk. Get himself registered as self employed. Then apply for a registration certificate by going in person to the Croydon centre ( thats what i meant by the fast route). We were thinking if he gets his certificate like that, it does prove that he is a qualified person and then i can apply after that for the residence card.

I havent seen many people do that and instead they apply together. I know it look better like that but is it actually more practical?
It may or may not help. And it may take some time to assemble the necessary evidence.
You may find it more beneficial and more practical to travel together and settle into UK together.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.