ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New sponsor offered job, then declined their offer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manibest
Newly Registered

New sponsor offered job, then declined their offer

Post by manibest » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 General and have been looking to find a new job in order to fulfil minimum salary requirement for ILR. I will complete my 5 years on Tier 2 General in Feb 2017 and the only requirement I need to fulfil is Salary of £35K per annum.

Now company "A" offered me a job paying £35K in May 2016. I still have their offer letter with all terms and conditions. Then they started their process with HomeOffice for sponsorship. In the mean time, a bigger company "B" acquired company "A", which then resulted in a whole organisational hierarchy restructure.

I was kept informed about this and was asked continuously if I was still interested in this job. Obviously I said Yes to that as I badly need to earn £35K for ILR. This whole process took as long as 4 months. Each week I called and asked for a progress, the company "A" said they did not have a response from home office yet and it could take further 4-6 weeks.

Eventually, after a long wait of 4 months, I received a letter saying that the offer has been cancelled because Company "A" who offered me job was acquired by company "B" which resulted a restructure in the organisation, and now they do not feel a requirement to hire an additional developer.

Question: Can I still do something to force them to hire me, as I still have their formal offer letter with all terms and conidtions??

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New sponsor offered job, then declined their offer

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Question: Can I still do something to force them to hire me, as I still have their formal offer letter with all terms and conidtions??
Not really. An offer letter is not the same as a signed employment contract.

Also not an immigration issue is it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.