ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect DOB on my surrender certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chase53

Incorrect DOB on my surrender certificate

Post by Chase53 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi I have received my passport with an incorrect year of birth and without realising it I applied for surrender certificate using the same passport last week.

Now I have received my surrender certificate today with incorrect year of birth as stated in my British passport.

And today itself I have rectified the mistake HMPO and collected a new British passport. you can check here for more details - (http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1415409).

So I really wonder how HCI issued a surrender certificate when the dob didn't match my Indian pp or naturalisation certicate and they just issued it based on incorrect British pp.

How can I resolve this issue? Will HCI admit their mistake and issue a new surrender certificate if I submit the new updated British pp? Or do I have to pay for the whole process again? :o

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: Incorrect DOB on my surrender certificate

Post by rmukherjee » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Chase53 wrote:Hi I have received my passport with an incorrect year of birth and without realising it I applied for surrender certificate using the same passport last week.

Now I have received my surrender certificate today with incorrect year of birth as stated in my British passport.

And today itself I have rectified the mistake HMPO and collected a new British passport. you can check here for more details - (http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1415409).

So I really wonder how HCI issued a surrender certificate when the dob didn't match my Indian pp or naturalisation certicate and they just issued it based on incorrect British pp.

How can I resolve this issue? Will HCI admit their mistake and issue a new surrender certificate if I submit the new updated British pp? Or do I have to pay for the whole process again? :o
Normally they should have used the date of birth as recorded on your Indian passport which was cancelled. However bureaucracies rarely admit mistakes!

Your best bet is to talk to some person from the High Commission and see if they can assist. Worst case they'll ask you to reapply with full payment.