ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa for UK Dependant Visa Holder

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desperado

Tourist Visa for UK Dependant Visa Holder

Post by desperado » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:41 pm

Hello,

I'm a british citizen. My wife holds an indian passport. She has got 2 years dependant visa to UK which expire by end of June 2008. I will apply for ILR for her by end of May 2008.

We are planning to visit big apple (New York City) by mid/end of jan 08.

May I know what are the documents that are required for applying tourist visa to US for indian passport holder with UK dependant visa? Also as she has got only 6 months visa left in her passport is that going to be a problem to get US tourist visa? Please let me know. Her passport validity is well over 10 years. So I know that shouldn't be a problem.

Any links to application forms etc is also welcome!

I'm a british citizen so hopefully I don't need a visa to US under visa waiver programme.

Please let me know.

Many thanks

vinny

ourist Visa for UK Dependant Visa Holder

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:22 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Daniel Green
Newly Registered

Re: Tourist Visa for UK Dependant Visa Holder

Post by Daniel Green » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:52 pm

desperado wrote:Hello,

I'm a british citizen. My wife holds an indian passport. She has got 2 years dependant visa to UK which expire by end of June 2008. I will apply for ILR for her by end of May 2008.

We are planning to visit big apple (New York City) by mid/end of jan 08.

May I know what are the documents that are required for applying tourist visa to US for indian passport holder with UK dependant visa? Also as she has got only 6 months visa left in her passport is that going to be a problem to get US tourist visa? Please let me know. Her passport validity is well over 10 years. So I know that shouldn't be a problem.

Any links to application forms etc is also welcome!

I'm a british citizen so hopefully I don't need a visa to US under visa waiver programme.

Please let me know.

Many thanks
From what I know of the London NIV (nonimmigrant visa unit), they are pretty tough on everyone. Your wife should provide documentation that shows that her family is overseas, that she has a residence overseas (a deed or lease), that she has a job overseas (with a letter from her employer or pay stubs), that she has education overseas (with documentation from her school.) This list doesn't apply to everyone of course and is not exhaustive. If your are not going to school in U.K. you can't provide proof of that. The general rule is the more you can document your ties to the U.K or other overseas country., the more likely the b2 visa will be approved.

-Dan

desperado

Re: Tourist Visa for UK Dependant Visa Holder

Post by desperado » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Daniel Green wrote:
From what I know of the London NIV (nonimmigrant visa unit), they are pretty tough on everyone. Your wife should provide documentation that shows that her family is overseas, that she has a residence overseas (a deed or lease), that she has a job overseas (with a letter from her employer or pay stubs), that she has education overseas (with documentation from her school.) This list doesn't apply to everyone of course and is not exhaustive. If your are not going to school in U.K. you can't provide proof of that. The general rule is the more you can document your ties to the U.K or other overseas country., the more likely the b2 visa will be approved.

-Dan
Hello,

May I know what kind of documents do I have to produce for her Tourist Visa?

There is no lease or deed because the Apartment lease is on my name.
She is house wife at the moment and don't work. She is looking for work.
She got educated in India.

The documents we have is:

Bank Statement (basic account)
Council Tax (Both my name and her name)
Phone Bill
NHS Registration Card

That's about it. There isn't any other documents.

What can I do? Any suggestions?