ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa accommodation and kids

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reallymoving2
Newly Registered

Spouse visa accommodation and kids

Post by reallymoving2 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 am

Hello Friends

Your help is really appreciated re few questions around spouse visa

1) I currently live in a 1 bed apartment , however I have a different address on all of my papers such as banks statements which I used as my main address for last few years. But my tenancy agreement has different address, would that be OK?

2) I've 2 kids both are British and lives in Pakistan but I am only looking to apply the visa for my wife does I need to have a bigger property or 1 bed flat would be OK?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Spouse visa accommodation and kids

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:19 am

1. You risk confusing the ECO.

2. Okay, as long as bedroom is for your and spouse's exclusive use and not overcrowded.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

KVP

Post by KVP » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:51 pm

For your point 1), I was in similar situation. My job location changed to another town and all my bank statements and other documents were in old address. I explained that my job got changed to a new location in my cover letter and provided new tenancy agreement (contains new address) and Bank statements & Other docs (Contain Old address). No questions asked by ECO, Visa got approved in September 2016. Applied from India.

reallymoving2
Newly Registered

Post by reallymoving2 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:50 pm

Thanks Vinny

Really appreciate your help.

re 1) I will change the address with my bank and re-order the statements

re 2) Do you suggest I should mention this in a cover letter saying kids are going to stay in Pakistan - can't ECO raise questions or its irrelevant as I'm only applying for my wife and shouldnt mention anything about kids other than their details in application forms? [Keeping in mind kids have British Passports so they can just walk in any time], and I've a 1 bed apartment

Also as I am sole resident in this flat and landlord happy to give a letter in that case do I still need a property inspection reports?

Once again thanks for your help guys.