ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Derivative residence card as primary carer for British child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

topmic
Newly Registered

Derivative residence card as primary carer for British child

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi board members I need a bit more advise , A friend of mine have a child who is British citizens
-she now wants to apply for flr(fp) as a single mother because the child father left when the child was a month and now the child is 3 months, pls want document will she need to submit as it's not easy for her as a single mother without any support . Pls any advice will be appreciated

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: DERIVATIVE RESIDENCE CARD AS PRIMARY CARER FOR BRITIS

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:23 pm

FLR(FP) Parent route

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _05-16.pdf

What is the mother's current status in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

topmic
Newly Registered

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:26 pm

The mother has no visa her visa a a visitor expired 2012, pls what can she do now

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Being the parent of a British child doesn't give her the automatic right to reside in the UK.

As the child is so young the Home Office may well take the view that the child can easily settle outside of the UK with the mother.

There is also the issue of whether she has paid the medical fees for the birth and any other medical NHS treatment while here as a visitor/overstayer.

Unpaid NHS bills are now a reason to refuse under 320(11) due to "frustrating the intentions of the Immigration rules".
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

topmic
Newly Registered

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:43 pm

She didn't pay for NHS and I think that is why £500 is pay for NHS when submitting application, and do u advice she wait a bit longer b4 she submit her application or can she sumit when the baby is 5month

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:49 pm

No, the £500 NHS surcharge is now standard for many categories of visa and is to cover future use of the NHS.

This WON'T clear any outstanding NHS debt for treatment she has already received. :!:

There'll be no difference between a 3 month or a 5 month old baby regarding an established life in the UK. You would be looking at years rather than months and even then there are no guarantees.
(Casa, not CR001)

topmic
Newly Registered

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Thank u @ CASA. I will just show her all this to read herself,

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Derivative residence card as primary carer for British c

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:18 pm

Does the British father have any contact at all with his child?
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:08 pm

She may also consider a Zambrano application if the father is playing no role in the life of the child, and the removal of the mother will force the child to be removed aswell.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

topmic
Newly Registered

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:29 pm

@casa the father can't be located for now and as not contact for a while any more advice will be appreciated

topmic
Newly Registered

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:34 pm

@ obie. Pls how does the zambrano application work that can favour the mother,and the father can't be located for now ,I mean he's not playing any role in the child life

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 pm

Zambrano is a fact sensitive case, depending on the fact of the case. If your person succeed, she will get 5 years which is renewable.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

topmic
Newly Registered

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:46 pm

How will the zambrano application work for her and what documents will she need to submit as you say it's a fact sensitive case

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:09 pm

(Casa, not CR001)

topmic
Newly Registered

Post by topmic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:26 pm

THank u

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:32 pm

topmic wrote:THank u
Welcome. She should be made aware however that as I understand it, Zambrano doesn't lead to permanent settlement.
(Casa, not CR001)

Britcitmum
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Britcitmum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:29 pm
Being the parent of a British child doesn't give her the automatic right to reside in the UK.

As the child is so young the Home Office may well take the view that the child can easily settle outside of the UK with the mother.

There is also the issue of whether she has paid the medical fees for the birth and any other medical NHS treatment while here as a visitor/overstayer.

Unpaid NHS bills are now a reason to refuse under 320(11) due to "frustrating the intentions of the Immigration rules".
Setting non-payment of child birth fees as a reason for refusal of a FLR-FP application has to be the most absord policy. They might as well cancel the FLR FP route for overstayers, as I'm sure none would qualify based on this cynical policy. Sounds like something that Theresa May would've come up with.
Someone needs to take them to court over this absurd policy to have it changed once and for all.