ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - Lacking proof of residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dynax
Newly Registered

EEA PR - Lacking proof of residency

Post by dynax » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi all,

I have been in the UK for 9+ years now (4 years as a student and 5 years in full time employment) and I want to apply for the EEA PR card on the basis of my most recent 5 years in the UK as full time employee (Sept 2011 - Sep 2016).

I am struggling to find 2 proofs of residence for the years of Sep 2011 - Sep 2012 & Sep 2012 - Sep 2013. I have certified bank statements for both years which count as one source, but I can't find any other documents as a second source.

I live in a flat share and I myself paid for our Virgin Media internet bills during that period. I used e-billing and didn't save the old PDFs and they are no longer available online. I called up Virgin Media 5 times and they told me they can't send out bills that are older than 2 years due to data protection policies. O2, my mobile phone provide told me they don't have any bills past 2 years either.

We don't pay for council tax as this is somehow done by our landlord/holding agency and we cannot find our original tenancy agreement either.

Does anyone know any possible alternatives to get around this?

Below is a list of all accepted documents according to the guidance notes:
-Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
-Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
-Bank statements/letters
-Building society savings books/letters
-Council tax bills or statements
-Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
-Water rates bills or statements
-Mortgage statements/agreement
-Tenancy agreement(s)
-Telephone bills or statements.

Any help/input would be much appreciated!

Thanks

LilyLalilu

Re: EEA PR - Lacking proof of residency

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:29 pm

If you were working full-time during this time period, just use your P60s or employer letters as proof of residence. No other proof is needed.
I only used these and it was fine - pretty much impossible to not live in the UK whilst you are working in a full-time job here.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

dynax
Newly Registered

Post by dynax » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks for your reply LilyLalilu.

What you say makes perfect sense and I thought the same, but when I asked the Gov UK helpline about the exact same thing they told me that the P60s /the letter of employment count for section 9 of the application (Relevant EEA national's activity in the UK) and not section 5 (Residence in the UK).

Can you confirm that you have successfully received your EEA PR card by just submitting P60s and a letter of employment as proof of residence? May I also ask how long ago you applied?

Thanks!

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:38 pm

I have received my DCPR using P60s (and employer letters as my P60s were electronic copies) as proof of residence. Other members (ohara I believe?!) have too and two of my friends also only submitted P60s as proof of residence and successfully received their DCPRs. I applied earlier this year (well before Brexit) and my friends applied in May and June of this year.
Anyways, as you also have bank statements you will definitely be fine - they recommend you send two proofs but it's not legally required :)
Last edited by LilyLalilu on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Just ask you so call landlord to write you a letter to state that while you are in the house your house rent was all inclusive and for the year you cannot find the paper work of your employment history, write to the HMRC and they will send it to you in post, then you can use that to apply and it will be accepted.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.