ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Job Offer - Curtailment letter haven't received yet

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akiwali
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Job Offer - Curtailment letter haven't received yet

Post by akiwali » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi Dear members,

I need urgent help on this, Please your earliest reply will be much appreciated.

I am on Tier 2 visa, I was hired last year in Sep. I was being redundant in 15 March 2016. I haven't received any curtailment letter yet?

My Issue is, I just got another job and employer is willing to sponsor me straight away, but I am not confirmed as I may b over stayer? I changed my address in April but I am still picking my posts regularly and as per my Landlord lady she never missed my posts and given it to me. My only concern is If she missed any :cry:

I tried to call HO but no body is telling anything about my situation. They are only advising to write a letter to curtailment team which is not possible as Employer will issue CoS Monday next week before I will get reply back.

Keeping in mind all the sad story above, Can someone please help with the following:

1) Shall I apply without any fear?
2) Any other way I can confirm my legal status other than writing letter?
3) Incase if I am overstayer then Visa will be refused? any appeal right etc,
4) My employer applied for Tier 2 license giving my details as selected prospective employee and he is granted tier 2 License in two weeks no audit nothing at all. Will that confirms my legality? as they must have checked my details?

I am waiting for positive and experienced advise.
Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 Job Offer - Curtailment letter haven't received y

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:15 am

It appears that your last sponsor did not inform UKVI that you have been made redundant. If that's the case then it is negligence of duty on the part of your former employer and they might be fined for that.
I am not sure how this play out from your side.
Your new employer can verify your status. If you Google employee immigration status check, you will see a section of the gov.uk where employers can check potential employee's immigration status.
You will need to give them your last or current BRP and other personal/ contact details.

Your new employer would know if your last BRP was curtailed.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

akiwali
Newly Registered

Post by akiwali » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi Djsuccess,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain what does that mean by employee doesn't inform UKVI? as per my limited knowledge when they will take out my name from SMS a message will be triggered to UKVI curtailment team?

I am still stuck with my all questions? Can all help with this.

Thanks

akiwali
Newly Registered

Post by akiwali » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Can anyone help please ???

help help help