ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How strict is NTL on proving no absences? (already got ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamEnergy
Newly Registered

How strict is NTL on proving no absences? (already got ILR)

Post by jamEnergy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi guys, I'm about to do the NTL thing to transfer ILR stamp from old passport, and get a BRP as my employer wants it.

I have had ILR for about 25 years, but I only have supporting documents for the last 18~20 or so years.

So theoretically I could have left the country and invalidated my ILR in that time...

And obviously I have no P60s from when I was a toddler.
I mean I could get a letter from my primary school of 20 years ago, but do they really want that?

I'm worried that the home office will invent a reason to deny me the NTL stamp even though I do indeed satisfy all the rules. Maybe I'm just freaking out unnecessarily.

Sorry for the multiple questions. I really want to get this right since my life as I know it is riding on it :P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How strict is NTL on proving no absences? (already got I

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:59 pm

Stop posting a new topic for each question on the same application.

You are overthinking this process. Provide what is asked for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.