ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apprentice786

Spouse visa advice

Post by apprentice786 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody can help me regarding the visa application centres. I applied for a spouse visa in mirpur VAC but is Islamabad the main one where the passports get processed and then do they send them over to mirpur? Is that how it works? Please advice

Thank you

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Re: SPOUSE VISA ADVICE

Post by kingstons vc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:01 am

apprentice786

you applied at gerrys fed ex mirpur, which is a visa processing centre for the bhc in Islamabad, gerrys fed ex centres are based in islamabad, mirpur, lahore and karachi, it bears no difference where you submit your application, as the application is forwarded to the British high Comission which is based in Islamabad, once they have made a decision on your application, you will be contacted by the vac where you made your application.

Moderator edit: Please desist from advertising your company on the forum. Also note your information is incorrect and out-of-date. :!:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:57 am

Since July this year, applications submitted in Pakistan are processed in the UK in Sheffield.

"On 18 July 2016, we changed the process for submitting documents to support settlement visa applications made in Pakistan.
From that date, passports should be submitted at the Visa Application Centre, but all supporting documentation should be sent to UKVI in Sheffield (UK) by the sponsor/applicant."

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:18 am

Thank you for your help :)

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:26 am

kingstons vc wrote:apprentice786

you applied at gerrys fed ex mirpur, which is a visa processing centre for the bhc in Islamabad, gerrys fed ex centres are based in islamabad, mirpur, lahore and karachi, it bears no difference where you submit your application, as the application is forwarded to the British high Comission which is based in Islamabad, once they have made a decision on your application, you will be contacted by the vac where you made your application.

Moderator edit: Please desist from advertising your company on the forum. Also note your information is incorrect and out-of-date. :!:
When they make a decision on my application does that mean the british high commisions (islamabad) will then send the decision to Mirpur? Would they take longer to contact for collection

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:29 am

kingstons vc wrote:apprentice786

Thank you for your reply. When they make a decision on my application does that mean the british high commisions (islamabad) will then send the decision back to Mirpur? Would this take longer for them to contact for collection or is it the same as if i submitted my application in Islamabad?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:30 am

Did you click on my link? Ignore the advice given by Kingstons vc as it's incorrect.

See this:
"Visas and decision notices will be returned to the customer via Gerry’s as normal along with the passport. Supporting documents will be returned to the sponsor in the UK.

Settlement applications will continue to be decided within UKVI’s customer service standard of 60 working days.A Settlement Priority Visa Service is also available to eligible customers which guarantees the application will be processed ahead of standard applications.
"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:31 am

Casa wrote:Since July this year, applications submitted in Pakistan are processed in the UK in Sheffield.

"On 18 July 2016, we changed the process for submitting documents to support settlement visa applications made in Pakistan.
From that date, passports should be submitted at the Visa Application Centre, but all supporting documentation should be sent to UKVI in Sheffield (UK) by the sponsor/applicant."

(Casa, not CR001)

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:34 am

Casa wrote:
Casa wrote:Since July this year, applications submitted in Pakistan are processed in the UK in Sheffield.

Thanks casa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:53 am

apprentice786 wrote:
Casa wrote:

Thanks casa
You're welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Post by kingstons vc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:54 am

apprentice786, yes the decision will be sent to the vac you applied at,you can track your application on the gerrys website with the application reference you were given, otherwise they will contact you when to collect your passport.
It seems as though casa is trying to create a storm in a tea cup, read the actual answer before jumping to conclusions, also read your own facts- there was no mention about submitting documents, rather it was about submitting an application,
The quote you gave from the home office "On 18 July 2016, we changed the process for submitting DOCUMENTS to support settlement visa applications made in Pakistan." where does it mention submitting an application to Sheffield.
You are a moderator on this site, so i will respect that, and not provide any further advice on this site.
Last edited by kingstons vc on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:01 am

kingstons vc wrote:apprentice786, yes the decision will be sent to the vac you applied at,you can track your application on the gerrys website with the application reference you were given, otherwise they will contact you when to collect your passport.
It seems as though casa is trying to create a storm in a tea cup, read the actual answer before jumping to conclusions, there was no mention about submitting documents, rather it was about submitting an application, but you are an admin on this site, so i will respect that, and not provide any further advice on this site.
Not a storm in a teacup . I'm ensuring members are given the correct advice. Applications in Pakistan are NOT as you advised "forwarded to the British high Comission which is based in Islamabad, once they have made a decision on your application....etc"

This changed on the 18th July 2016 and the supporting documents are now sent by the applicant or sponsor directly to Sheffield to be processed and where the decision will be made.

Quite different from the advice in your post. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

kingstons vc
- thin ice -

Post by kingstons vc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:09 am

and yes casa i agree with you on the fact that the decision is made at Sheffield, but it seems you may have misunderstood the actual advice i was giving to the op.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:15 am

kingstons vc wrote:and yes casa i agree with you on the fact that the decision is made at Sheffield, but it seems you may have misunderstood the actual advice i was giving to the op.
So you continue to stand by the (incorrect) statement "forwarded to the British high Comission which is based in Islamabad, once they have made a decision on your application....etc" :?:

The British High Commission in Islamabad now take no part in the processing or decision-making of applications submitted in Pakistan.
(Casa, not CR001)

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:20 am

kingstons vc wrote:apprentice786, yes the decision will be sent to the vac you applied at,you can track your application on the gerrys website with the application reference you were given, otherwise they will contact you when to collect your passport.
It seems as though casa is trying to create a storm in a tea cup, read the actual answer before jumping to conclusions, also read your own facts- there was no mention about submitting documents, rather it was about submitting an application,
The quote you gave from the home office "On 18 July 2016, we changed the process for submitting DOCUMENTS to support settlement visa applications made in Pakistan." where does it mention submitting an application to Sheffield.
You are a moderator on this site, so i will respect that, and not provide any further advice on this site.
What reference number can i track my application? As its been a week and we have had no contact for collection getting abit worried :/
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa advice

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:24 am

Are you expecting to have a decision within 1 week? Did you submit a priority application?

You would have been issued with a tracking reference by the VAC.

Have you sent your supporting documents to Sheffield?
(Casa, not CR001)

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:46 am

Casa wrote:Are you expecting to have a decision within 1 week? Did you submit a priority application?

You would have been issued with a tracking reference by the VAC.

Have you sent your supporting documents to Sheffield?

Yes i submitted a priority application.I emailed ukvi for status check on 31/10/16 and they said your application has been processed and a decision has been made but i havnt had a contact for collection yet, i know people get the contact for collection in a few days but mines stretching to a week :/ why are they taking sooo long?

I have no idea about the reference number. is it the GWF number?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:14 pm

Yes, the GWF number.

This should help:
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/
(Casa, not CR001)

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Casa wrote:Yes, the GWF number.

This should help:
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/
Hi casa

I have already asked this helpline they dont know nothing. I was just wondering if there was a reason for this delay

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Have you followed the online tracking process in the link I posted :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

apprentice786

Post by apprentice786 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Casa wrote:Have you followed the online tracking process in the link I posted :?:
Yes i have followed the link..its the helpline where you can email or call, they dont have a clue about anything