ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service booking

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sxb271
Newly Registered

Premium Service booking

Post by sxb271 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to book premium service booking. I get that I need to fill the form to book but do I need to bring all the documents with it as well for booking?

Or just the form is okay?

My application is from Tier2 to ILR.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Premium Service booking

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 pm

You'll need to submit all the documents relevant to the application when you attend the PSC. How else would the Case Worker assess them? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:04 pm

You don't need the supporting documents just to book the appointment. You only have to take the form and ALL supporting documents on the day of the appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sxb271
Newly Registered

Post by sxb271 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks CR001!!

Can I then change any on the form in between booking the appointment and actual appointment date?

Or do they take form just to book?

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:12 pm

You need to complete the forum accurately. You are signing and submitting it as true and accurate. The printed form should ONLY be changed if there is a small error and it needs correcting.

Suggest if you are not 100% ready, then wait till you are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sxb271
Newly Registered

Post by sxb271 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:30 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to complete the forum accurately. You are signing and submitting it as true and accurate. The printed form should ONLY be changed if there is a small error and it needs correcting.

Suggest if you are not 100% ready, then wait till you are.
Thanks Again.

I was gonna use "nationality check service" to check my application.

Do you think it is reliable to use it or is it better to do my application with lawyer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Nationality Checking Service is for British Citizenship applications on form AN.

Settlement Checking Service is for ILR applications for Set(M) and Set(O) provided you are applying alone with no dependents. See

You don't need a lawyer, it is not a difficult application and a lawyer will have no sway with HO and only cause you to be poorer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:53 pm

My understanding is that only SET(M) applicants are able to use the Settlement Checking Service.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:57 pm

That was my understanding too, but Google/HO website search seem to indicate it might be possible although I do doubt it.

Page 2 of the Set(O) form but only if applying without dependents from what I understand.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-16.pdf
To apply in person, you must make an appointment. Alternatively, you may wish to use the
Settlement Checking Service operated by a number of local authorities which is generally a
faster service than the normal postal application process. Please see the Home Office’s website
to see if you can use this service when applying on this form
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:00 pm

It seems that the individual Councils (without checking every one :shock: ) only appear to offer the service for SET(M)...unless they don't update the info. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

back2uk2

Post by back2uk2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:53 am

Hello,

I didn't understand the original post.

My understanding is that while booking for premium booking there is no requirement to fill the SET O form , we only need to fill the form manually (offline) and take along to the PEO on the day of appointment.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.