ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - English requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranu

Naturalisation - English requirement

Post by pranu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi All,

I needed a bit of urgent help as I have my naturalisation application (through Redbridge NCS) in a couple of days time.

During my ILR application on February 2015, I had used PBS calculator for my English language requirement.

I am planning to use the following condition as my 'Knowledge of language' requirement for naturalisation application:

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013"

As per my understanding, I don't need to give any additional English tests since I have already met knowledge of language requirement and was granted ILR after 28th October 2013. Also, I don't need to submit any UK NARIC certificate. Is my understanding correct?

Has anyone recently been successful in their naturalisation application using the above criteria and without submitting UK NARIC certificate?

I have recently decided to apply for naturalisation so apologies if this has already been answered before.

Thanks.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation - English requirement

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:48 am

You need to carry original degree and university letter, the same docs when you submitted during ILR application.

Regards,
Suresh

britishcitizenship
Newly Registered

Post by britishcitizenship » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:32 am

I used my university degree certificate as proof of English and it was valid.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:36 am

Do you have University letter confirming medium certificate ? did you submitted when ILR application ?

I have submitted Original Degree + University letter confirming medium certificate.

Regards,
Suresh

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi,

I submitted my application through Redbridge NCS and its okay if you just carry the degree that you used for ILR. They will just take a copy of it and it will be fine.

pranu

Post by pranu » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Thank you all for the responses.

@Suresh:

I do have my original degree certificate as well as university letter confirming medium of instruction as English. I had not submitted these during my ILR application since these evidences were submitted as part of my previous Tier 1 (General) application.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Pranu,

I cannot reply to PM but refer to the link below and it will answer all your queries:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1411756

pranu

Post by pranu » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks for the response.

Is it advisable to travel out of UK for around 3 weeks once the Bio-metrics is done?

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:42 am

pranu wrote:Thanks for the response.

Is it advisable to travel out of UK for around 3 weeks once the Bio-metrics is done?

Thanks.
You need to have someone looking out for your mail, in case HO sends a letter/request for further info. You only get a short window to reply (15 days?)
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Pranu,

Its shoud be okay as I also went outside country after biometrics. Looking at the timelines, I guess processing of application starts between 40 - 60 days after biometrics. Its always a good idea if somebody can check your mail when you are away.

pranu

Post by pranu » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks for the response.

Can someone please confirm whether the timeline between receiving the biometric enrolment letter from UKVI and the last date for enrolling biometric details at post office is 15 days or 15 working days?

Also, can we enrol for the biometric details at any post-office? Do we have to make an appointment at the post office and if yes are these appointments easily/quickly available?

Thanks for the help.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi Pranu,

Its 15 calendar days from the date on the letter but if you don't enrol in the given timeframe, HO will send a reminder letter with similar timeline. But don't take chances and try doing it first time.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:52 pm

newbie0203 wrote:Hi Pranu,

Its 15 calendar days from the date on the letter but if you don't enrol in the given timeframe, HO will send a reminder letter with similar timeline. But don't take chances and try doing it first time.
Just a reminder it's 15 working days, but as advised have it done ASAP.
Not every post office does the biometrics. Best you go on the Post Office website where you can search for branches by services available. No appointment needed. My nearest PO to where I work is Southall, got there at 9am and already three people in front of me!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:34 am

Sorry, just checked the letter from HO and its 15 working days not 15 calendar days as suggestedearlier by me.