ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements (Spouse Visa) - Natwest: Help please!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gioxx
Newly Registered

Bank Statements (Spouse Visa) - Natwest: Help please!

Post by gioxx » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I'll be applying for a spouse visa soon and today when my husband went to his bank (NatWest) to have his printed bank statements stamped he was informed by the staff that NatWest won't do it, nor write a confirmation letter (!!!!).
They said he could request bank statements to be delivered via mail so he did, but what he received are called "transaction list". They have his address, the bank logo and all transactions and balances. Do you think they're are accepted? Has anyone submitted those and had the visa granted succesfully?

I'm super worried about it, hope someone can help me.
Has anyone been through something similar?

Thanks in advance!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Bank Statements (Spouse Visa) - Natwest: Help please!

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:24 pm

My husband had the same problem last week with NatWest. A friend who is a very senior level staff member couldn't even help due to the strict policy introduced across all branches a while ago.

The only option is to submit the transaction list but ask the branch to print off the most recent monthly statement. They did this without a problem.

Considering that it's now very common to have only have online statements, the Home Office continue to demand evidence that most banks are unwilling to provide.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Regardless of strict/stubborn banker but transactions list is able to get. Transactions list on bank letterheads along with balance certiificate letter attached at top is definitely acceptable. Transactions list and balance certificate letter at least any bank can give even if they refuse to give official bank statement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:58 pm

seagul wrote:Regardless of strict/stubborn banker but transactions list is able to get. Transactions list on bank letterheads along with balance certiificate letter attached at top is definitely acceptable. Transactions list and balance certificate letter at least any bank can give even if they refuse to give official bank statement.
As the OP has already explained, the branch has refused to provide a certification letter. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Bank balance certificate letter isn't a clarification/confirmation letter because any customer can claim from its bank which is issued on the spot. Apart of that transaction lists dating back to 28 days usually every bank give. Usually official bank statement a lot banks hesitate but trasaction list and balance letter usually no one refuse. If both things attached together then it serves the purpose.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:29 am

I find this strange as I got my bank statement stamped at the Natwest branch which I used to apply for my visa last month. The staff asked why I needed to have it stamped which I said was to send to home office and they stamped every page.please go to another branch

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:12 am

The transaction list is supposedly home office approved according to Natwest - however I still called up and requested actual statements which were provided to me. I think you need to push them a little bit. The customer service advisor did say there was a cost involved (£2-3 or something) but in the end because I had made a complaint they did them for free.