ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension - HR amended COS start date to earlier

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sadietaber
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension - HR amended COS start date to earlier

Post by sadietaber » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Hello,

I am submitting my application on Sunday so need some help.

I am going for Tier 2 extension and my HR have amended my COS date from 12 Feb 2017-12 Feb 2020 to 30 January 2017-29 January 2016 in a sponsor's note. Will HO have any problem with that? My visa expires Feb 12 2017, but we changed it because my original application has start dates of 30 Jan - 29 Jan for 3 years (and we have seen people refused for having exactly 6 years of visa length because it was considered 6 years and 1 day).

My other question is will I be able to put my start date in my IHS as 30 January 2017 to 29 January 2020 to match the sponsor's note? I am submitting Sunday then going for a premium service appointment when next available.

Thanks for your help!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 extension - HR amended COS start date to earlier

Post by iworker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:41 pm

should be fine.

sadietaber
Newly Registered

Post by sadietaber » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Thanks very much! Just wanted to double check.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:44 pm

sadietaber wrote:Thanks very much! Just wanted to double check.
Please let us know how your appointment goes. I am in the same situation with the start date and end date thing. I am not sure how the dates are calculated for example 20/01/2014 -20/01/2020 or 20/01/2014 -19/01/2020.
Thank you
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:12 am

sadietaber wrote:Hello,

I am going for Tier 2 extension and my HR have amended my COS date from 12 Feb 2017-12 Feb 2020 to 30 January 2017-29 January 2016 in a sponsor's note. Will HO have any problem with that? My visa expires Feb 12 2017, but we changed it because my original application has start dates of 30 Jan - 29 Jan for 3 years (and we have seen people refused for having exactly 6 years of visa length because it was considered 6 years and 1 day).

My other question is will I be able to put my start date in my IHS as 30 January 2017 to 29 January 2020 to match the sponsor's note? I am submitting Sunday then going for a premium service appointment when next available.

Thanks for your help!
Did you say you have seen people rejected for having 6 years 1 day on their start dates-end date?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

sadietaber
Newly Registered

Post by sadietaber » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 am

Djsuccess wrote:

Thanks for your help!
Did you say you have seen people rejected for having 6 years 1 day on their start dates-end date?
Hi Yes, we just saw a situation on here (i can't find the post now, i've been looking for it!) where they had to call their HR during their visa appointment because the reception told them they were over their total by 1 day.. but i don't think that is always the case? I don't want to give any wrong information on here as I don't understand it fully myself. My HR just ended up changing my COS dates to match my previous application so I had continuity in my start and end dates.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:00 am

sadietaber wrote:
Djsuccess wrote:

Thanks for your help!
Hi Yes, we just saw a situation on here (i can't find the post now, i've been looking for it!) where they had to call their HR during their visa appointment because the reception told them they were over their total by 1 day.. but i don't think that is always the case? I don't want to give any wrong information on here as I don't understand it fully myself. My HR just ended up changing my COS dates to match my previous application so I had continuity in my start and end dates.
Regards

Thanks. So your HR used the sponsor note to amend your start date and end date. I will ask my HR to do same. Please let us know when you get an appointment and how it goes.

Regards