ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn to Indian parents travelling

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier2_applicant

Newborn to Indian parents travelling

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I request your advice concerning my case. Please feel free to move this topic to a different sub-forum if I have posted in the wrong one.

My history:

I came to UK in Sep 2008 for my masters and was on post study work visa till Nov 2011.

My current employer (where is started work in Dec 2010 on my PSW visa) sponsored my Tier 2 visa from Jan 2012.
This visa/BRP was valid till 2015. I got an extension last year on this till Jan 2018.
My wife joined me as my dependent in June 2014 and her BRP is same validity as me.

My ILR is due in Jan 2017 , however I am currently on a salary less than 35k but I am hopeful this should reach 35k in an increment taking place around March 2017.

We have recently had a little girl and I am in process of getting her birth registration (local county registration done, registration with Indian high commission is underway). Once the birth registration is received from Indian High Commission in London, I will be looking to apply for her Indian passport from VFS in London.

Following this we are planning to visit India for some urgent engagements and I wanted to know:

If its OK for us to travel with our little girl to India on her Indian passport only (but no dependent visa - we wont have enough time to apply for it in the UK)?

If we secure her dependent visa while we are in India, is that sufficient for her to travel back to the UK with my wife (who is also a dependent on my visa)?

Is there anything else to be kept in mid in this situation?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Newborn to Indian parents travelling

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:47 pm

tier2_applicant wrote:Following this we are planning to visit India for some urgent engagements and I wanted to know:

If its OK for us to travel with our little girl to India on her Indian passport only (but no dependent visa - we wont have enough time to apply for it in the UK)? She doesn't need a visa to leave the UK, so no issue flying to India.

If we secure her dependent visa while we are in India, is that sufficient for her to travel back to the UK with my wife (who is also a dependent on my visa)? Yes

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
tier2_applicant wrote:Following this we are planning to visit India for some urgent engagements and I wanted to know:

If its OK for us to travel with our little girl to India on her Indian passport only (but no dependent visa - we wont have enough time to apply for it in the UK)? She doesn't need a visa to leave the UK, so no issue flying to India.

If we secure her dependent visa while we are in India, is that sufficient for her to travel back to the UK with my wife (who is also a dependent on my visa)? Yes

Thanks CR001, your quick response is much appreciated

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:55 am

Dear gurus & members,

I am retreiving this thread again as I need some help with a point concerning the VISA4UK application for my daughter that I plan to submit in India.

I am in process of filling the online form here online, in UK and submit it in India with the supporting documentation - while it seems same as the application I did for my wife's dependent application 2 years back, I am a bit unsure about the CoS (certificate of sponsorship) point. I saw in my wife's old application that I had used my sponsor's license number and not a CoS number. I just wanted to check if it is ok to use the sponsor's license number again or do I need to get a new CoS issued by my employer (which does seem a bit unnecessary as I have the letter of ongoing employment and payslips) ?

Please could you advise?

Thank you.

tier2_applicant

Post by tier2_applicant » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Dear members, please could you advise regarding the query above?

Mods, if this needs to be moved to the Tier 2 general sub forum then please do so.

Thanks