ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration appeal laws 2016

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Immigration appeal laws 2016

Post by michali » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:45 pm

With the laws tightening up i should be grateful if someone could advise on the following please. I am not sure that if your application to remain either for FLR or for ILR is refused and an out of country appeal only is allowed, how long is the applicant given to leave the U.K.? Is it 28 days from the expiry date of the visa or is it 28 days from the date the application is refused (assuming that the application is made and refused before the expiry date of the visa) ?

Also, if it is considered that the application was wrongly refused, then are in country appeals still possible? From what I understand it is the Human Rights Appeals that will only be able to be done out of the U.K.