ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Over 18 Child of a Settled Person

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

segunolu88
Angola

18+ Child of ILR Through Long Residence Route

Post by segunolu88 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Respectable Members,

I need your help. I am on Entrepreneur Visa, but will be due for indefinite Leave to Remain through the 10 years long residence route. My child is over 18 and in should start university soon. However, she is just about 6 years in UK. What options I have got to extend his visa. She has never leaved with relatives & her siblings and mother are in UK.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 18+ Child of ILR Through Long Residence Route

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:36 pm

I believe your daughter will be able to settle separately using SET(F) as long as she satisfies the life in the UK and English language requirements.
I suggest you ask this on the ILR forums instead http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... to-remain/
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Moved to the appropriate sub-forum
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:42 pm

zimba88 wrote:I believe your daughter will be able to settle separately using SET(F) as long as she satisfies the life in the UK and English language requirements.
I suggest you ask this on the ILR forums instead http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... to-remain/
Not sure Set(F) will work if the main visa applicant applies for ILR based on long residence. LR have different rules for dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

segunolu88
Angola

Post by segunolu88 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Thank you zimba88 and CR001 for your response. But, I think zimba88 looks at it from the angle that she is eligible for the 10 year long residence route. She is just about 6 years in UK. I guess her mum and sibling (under 18) would need to use Form FLR(M) for their extension of stay, but am not sure what Form my daughter who is over 18 would use for her extension. Please can you advice me on my daughter and correct me on the Form FLR(M), if I am wrong! Thanks.

msunmy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by msunmy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:39 am

What is your daughter's present status/visa type ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:27 am

msunmy wrote:What is your daughter's present status/visa type ?
Most likely Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent as the OP did state that was his last visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

segunolu88
Angola

Post by segunolu88 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:47 am

Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent and she has only spent about 6 years in UK, but she is now over 18 years.

segunolu88
Angola

Help on Over 18 Child of a Settled Person

Post by segunolu88 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:21 pm

I have a daughter aged 19 and has been in the UK for 6 years. I just received my indefinite visa through 10-year long residence route, but I need help on what form to use for her to extend her stay as a dependant of a settled person. She doesn't have a private life.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help on Over 18 Child of a Settled Person

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:00 pm

She cannot use FLR(M) as she is over 18. It is complicated now because you chose to do ILR based on Long Residence.

What does your daughter do (work, study, etc)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

segunolu88
Angola

Re: Help on Over 18 Child of a Settled Person

Post by segunolu88 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Thank you for the response. She is about to finish her year 13 in college and intends to do apprenticeship.