ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child status?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogeeta75
United Kingdom

Child status?

Post by yogeeta75 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I am going to apply for ILR under Tier 2 using premium service - both husband and wife
My son is british born - I am assuming I don't have to apply for ILR for him although my question is:

1)I have to apply for british citizenship for him or apply for his britsh passport directly?
2)Does either has to go through the UKVI?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child status?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:48 pm

yogeeta75 wrote:Hi all,

I am going to apply for ILR under Tier 2 using premium service - both husband and wife
My son is british born - I am assuming I don't have to apply for ILR for him although my question is:

1)I have to apply for british citizenship for him or apply for his britsh passport directly? He is not British. Only a British citizen can apply for a British Passport. You have to register him as British on form MN1 at a cost of £936 first.

2)Does either has to go through the UKVI? Yes, register on MN1 through Home Office and once approved, passport through HMPO. Unless you apply through nationality checking service using the joint MN1/Passport service.

Many thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.