ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa appeal - shall i just apply again - ECO ISB/PK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doobyub
Newly Registered

visit visa appeal - shall i just apply again - ECO ISB/PK

Post by doobyub » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 pm

I submitted an appeal for my sisters visit visa to UK on 22nd Nov 07 with the ECO at Islamabad - PK

Is it feasible to just submit a new application as that process is usually much quicker. I understand the appeal can take upto 6 months.

We have just had a new baby and really need her here asap to help out.

Thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Help out with what? Is it a visit or a job?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Wanderer wrote:Help out with what? Is it a visit or a job?
:lol: I believe the later

I don't think making new application will make any difference
They will be able to see the past applications of the applicant anyway.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: visit visa appeal - shall i just apply again - ECO ISB/P

Post by sakura » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:02 am

doobyub wrote:I submitted an appeal for my sisters visit visa to UK on 22nd Nov 07 with the ECO at Islamabad - PK

Is it feasible to just submit a new application as that process is usually much quicker. I understand the appeal can take upto 6 months.

We have just had a new baby and really need her here asap to help out.

Thanks in advance.
This is precisely why visit visas will now be reduced from six months to three months. If she is helping out with your baby, there is an (obvious) assumption that she isn't a genuine 'visitor' but will be baby-sitting, and therefore 'working' whilst here. Was that one of the reasons for the refusal? How long did she plan to come? Did you mention the baby at all?

Anyhow, sometimes a new application is much faster, with more evidence. But it depends on what you write on the application form.

vinny

Re: visit visa appeal - shall i just apply again - ECO ISB/P

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:32 am

See also some possibly useful advice on US Visa Denials
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doobyub
Newly Registered

Post by doobyub » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm

she is not coming here for a job. the visa we applied for is a family visit, we had planned for her to be here at the birth as i have 2 other children it would have been easy for us to manage.

I did mention these things in the application. They actually refused her app saying that they had no evidence to say that she has a solid background in pakistan and that she is not going to Uk to seek employment etc. We applied for 3 month visa, which we felt would be sufficient time for her to help out before and intially after the birth.

We have submitted supporting docs in the appeal which we did not send in the original application supporting her status in Pak. So advice is to just continue with the appeal?

thanks for all your comments.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:10 pm

Like Sakura said, if she's coming over her to 'help with the baby' it's a form of employment whichever way you look at it.

You need to prove to HO she is a genuine visitor/tourist and not unpaid help.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....