ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help 2x3 discretionary leave would i qualify for PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mck2010
Ghana

Please help 2x3 discretionary leave would i qualify for PEO

Post by mck2010 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi friends

My family and I are due to apply for ILR in June 2017 after completeting 6 years discretionary leave. My query is will we qualify for the same day service or do we need a lawyer. We were previously given discretionary leave 6 years after overstating when we arrived in the U.K. in 2002. Even though there were some discrepancies about my mums entry date. The home office deemed her as deceptive because of mismatch arrival dates. However after lots of refusals and appeals they granted us DL. Would we still be judged as deceptive and overstaying even after completing 6 years DL? Also would this count as a complicated case? Furthermore, I have received a 2 speeding and parking ticket would this be a problem? None of us had also left the UK for more than 180 days. Was the likelihood of getting approval for ILR on peo without a lawyer?

Ahmad Sharif
Newly Registered

Re: Please help 2x3 discretionary leave would i qualify for

Post by Ahmad Sharif » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:15 pm

mck2010 wrote:Hi friends

My family and I are due to apply for ILR in June 2017 after completeting 6 years discretionary leave. My query is will we qualify for the same day service or do we need a lawyer. We were previously given discretionary leave 6 years after overstating when we arrived in the U.K. in 2002. Even though there were some discrepancies about my mums entry date. The home office deemed her as deceptive because of mismatch arrival dates. However after lots of refusals and appeals they granted us DL. Would we still be judged as deceptive and overstaying even after completing 6 years DL? Also would this count as a complicated case? Furthermore, I have received a 2 speeding and parking ticket would this be a problem? None of us had also left the UK for more than 180 days. Was the likelihood of getting approval for ILR on peo without a lawyer?
I am also on DL specifically on the 6 years route. Yes you can visit PEO.

I have however submitted mine through postal and I can tell you that it has been 5 months and still under consideration. Funny thing is that my family received their ILR approval 2 weeks ago through postal however mine has been delayed as they needed evidence that I have been in the address for 4 years.

So last week I just submitted documents to prove it.

As far as I am also concern you do not need to do life in the uk test and / or have an english language because you are under the old discretionary leave policy.

Regarding to the speeding/parking. Based on the current SET(o) application you do not need to declare parking or speeding on the form. However, if you went to court and had to pay the fine then you must declare it.

I did my application without a lawyer.

Ahmad

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:29 am

Great thank you

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Ahmad Sharif wrote:
mck2010 wrote:Hi friends

I am also on DL specifically on the 6 years route. Yes you can visit PEO.

I have however submitted mine through postal and I can tell you that it has been 5 months and still under consideration. Funny thing is that my family received their ILR approval 2 weeks ago through postal however mine has been delayed as they needed evidence that I have been in the address for 4 years.

So last week I just submitted documents to prove it.

As far as I am also concern you do not need to do life in the uk test and / or have an english language because you are under the old discretionary leave policy.

Regarding to the speeding/parking. Based on the current SET(o) application you do not need to declare parking or speeding on the form. However, if you went to court and had to pay the fine then you must declare it.

I did my application without a lawyer.

Ahmad

Hi what documents did you use to show you've stayed at your address for 4 years? I've only been at my current address for1 year would it be a problem?

Ahmad Sharif
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad Sharif » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:21 pm

Unfortunately the caseworker decided that they needed evidence that I had been in my address for 4 years whilst my siblings and mum got away from it lol.

I still haven't recived anything yet for them put apparently they require prove of that address.

I forwarded documents that consist of my address and name

E.g.

Bank statemts 2012 to 2016
Student finance letter
Driving licence photocopy
gas/elictricity bills

You can also put any payslips, benefit letters etc but must be original documents.

Did you notify home office of your new address? It is always good to insure that everything is up to date.