ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents return - UK residency application form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chr
Newly Registered

Documents return - UK residency application form

Post by chr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:23 am

Hello,

I sent the UK residency application form as an EEA national on the 31st October, payment was taken on the 3rd November.

I got an email from them (14.11.2016) stating that my application has been received and is being considered. But now I am wondering when I can ask them to return the documents and passport I send to support my application?

I've read somewhere on this forum that after 10 days since the payment is taken I can ask them to return the documents, but also I read somewhere else that 10 days counting starts once you receive a confirmation email/letter (as I did on the 14th Nov).

I sent my passport and P60s as also a few bills. What would be the best course of action now, write to them and ask to return my passport and documents or are they doing that automatically after a certificate is issued?

I've also heard that apart from passport they do not return any original documents that were sent with an application. If that's true then is it possible at all to request those documents back? I would like to get at least my P60 originals back.

Anyone has/had any similar experience?

LilyLalilu

Re: Documents return - UK residency application form

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:17 am

Now that you have your ref number, just use the online form the request your docs back.
The return all sorts of documents (you can even request all of them back via the form). I requested my passport back and then later on my P60s, no issue at all. As in every office, I guess they'd just take certified copies of them and then return the originals to you.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

chr
Newly Registered

Post by chr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:47 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Now that you have your ref number, just use the online form the request your docs back.
The return all sorts of documents (you can even request all of them back via the form). I requested my passport back and then later on my P60s, no issue at all. As in every office, I guess they'd just take certified copies of them and then return the originals to you.
Do you know the online link to this form please?

Isaac90
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac90 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Do you know the online link to this form please?
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml