ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on detail of Citizenship application through NCS!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Peter-Alex
Newly Registered

Question on detail of Citizenship application through NCS!

Post by Peter-Alex » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Dear all,

I would be very grateful if you could help me with your opinion. I know there was a similar thread on this matter, but I think the answers there are not entirely accurate.

I have applied for British citizenship through the Nationality Check Service, and there is that form called NCS Client Care Record v 4.5.
The officer completed all the yes and no ticks correctly, with one exception, the "Were you physically present in the UK at the start of the 5-year qualifying period" which she ticked as No. Luckily, I spotted the mistake and told her, she was grateful for pointing out, crossed the No and put the tick on Yes, as she should have done in the first place.

My question, of course, is whether this correction will look dodgy in the eyes of the Home Office case worker. I mention that both the NCS officer and another lady there said that the form is definitely being sent with the application to the Home Office, so it is not just for the internal use of the NCS service - hence why I said the answers on the similar thread were not entirely accurate.

I also mention that my best friend, with whom I have applied on the same day (10th of Nov) and hour through the NCS service, has had the money withdrawn from her account today, whereas I haven't, which only adds to my worries!

And, related to the above question, comes my second one: how can the Home Office actually verify for sure that one was physically present in the UK exactly 5 years ago from the application? Of course, I myself know I was, my employer and I know I even worked on that very day (I have work schedules from that time), but how can the Home Office check my presence, given my passport has no stamps? (I'm EU citizen). Of course, there are bank transactions in all these days which are objective proof, however bank statements were not required for the application. I have had all the P60-s for 6 years and the Permanent Residence document but, again, they cannot certify one's very presence in the country for a specific day.

Thank you for any opinions/advice that you may share!

newbie0203
India

Re: Question on detail of Citizenship application through NC

Post by newbie0203 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:25 pm

I would suggest you to chill as you seem to be stressing too much on something so trivial. Its possible that you and your friend paid through different banks and they might have a different charging cycle. It may

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Some general comments - been through the process and got my approval:
- correction to client care form - as your application is now submitted you just have to wait and see whether HO comes back on this, but somehow I doubt it.
- all applications are processed individually so your and your friend's application are highly likely to have been put in different "pigeon holes". I am sure they receive a few hundred applications every day/week and there is a key used in the HO processes as to how they are distributed for processing. How about by first letter of surname? Just guessing ....
- they will validate the date five years ago against the details you provided for absences over the five years, also your employment record you provided over the period you are covering.
- and remember, everything on the form has to be true, that's what we sign for!

I appreciate the wait for news is very stressful, considering the time we spend putting it all together, plus the money spent on the whole process.
Good luck and please post & udate your timeline
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Peter-Alex
Newly Registered

Post by Peter-Alex » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:19 am

Thank you for the answers.

My friend and I use same bank. And we have same surname (she's my ex wife :lol: :shock: ). But, indeed, they must be receiving hundreds of applications so I understand that.

Yes, obviously I completed the AN form correctly, with dates I was abroad etc and of course the letter from employer validates my presence in the UK too. But I was just wondering, at the end of the day, declaring something is not an absolute proof in itself, nor is a letter from employer proof that, during a certain week let's say, one was not maybe going in a holiday etc.

So I was rather thinking as "the devil's advocate".
Hopefully that extra document from NCS doesn't have much importance.