ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Official Statement from UK NARIC

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Official Statement from UK NARIC

Post by uzair_zaman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi,
I have my ILR appointment this week (applying ILR on the basis of my Tier 2 (General) and I have my Masters Degree from UK ).

While going thought the SET (O) Form again today, i found out the link at page 76:

A relevant speaking and listening qualification, as described in the guidance on our website.
http://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy ... 85139/KoLL_ v14.0EXT.pdf

On this link, I found this statement:
"If we have previously accepted a degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an
earlier application, and leave was granted, we will not need additional confirmation from
NARIC. If the qualification has not previously been used for an immigration application, or
the previous application was refused, the applicant must obtain confirmation from NARIC
that it meets the relevant criteria."

As I got my PSW on the basis of my Masters Degree, then I used my Masters Degree for my Tier 2 visa initially and then for Tier 2 extension.

Am I right in saying that I am not required to get a Statement from UK NARIC to cover my english language requirement for my ILR application? Can someone kindly confirm this for me?

Many thanks in advance.
Uzair

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Re: Official Statement from UK NARIC

Post by uzair_zaman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:29 pm

Apologies, I missed this sentence:

'Degrees obtained in the UK are acceptable without UK NARIC assessment.'

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:16 am

uzair_zaman wrote:Hi,
I have my ILR appointment this week (applying ILR on the basis of my Tier 2 (General) and I have my Masters Degree from UK ).

While going thought the SET (O) Form again today, i found out the link at page 76:

A relevant speaking and listening qualification, as described in the guidance on our website.

"If we have previously accepted a degree qualification as meeting the requirements for an
earlier application, and leave was granted, we will not need additional confirmation from
NARIC. If the qualification has not previously been used for an immigration application, or
the previous application was refused, the applicant must obtain confirmation from NARIC

As I got my PSW on the basis of my Masters Degree, then I used my Masters Degree for my Tier 2 visa initially and then for Tier 2 extension.

Am I right in saying that I am not required to get a Statement from UK NARIC to cover my english language requirement for my ILR application? Can someone kindly confirm this for me?

Many thanks in advance.
Uzair
If you have your masters from UK, and was granted points for PSW then you are qualified no need to get any additional certificate from UK NARIC. you are eligible for English language points.

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Post by uzair_zaman » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:00 am

red poltergeist wrote:
uzair_zaman wrote:Hi,

Many thanks in advance.
Uzair
If you have your masters from UK, and was granted points for PSW then you are qualified no need to get any additional certificate from UK NARIC. you are eligible for English language points.

Thanks for the confirmation.