ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) - anyone else waiting 4 weeks or more for passport?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

im_patient
Newly Registered

EEA (PR) - anyone else waiting 4 weeks or more for passport?

Post by im_patient » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:51 am

Hello,

I am wondering what the current state of affairs is with passport return requests at the moment?
I requested mine via the online form on 24th Oct., then completed the “progress request” form when my passport hadn’t arrived after 10 working days. Phoned UKVI today but they denied they could chase it. Now I don’t know what to do. I’ve already postponed my travel but I have a genuine emergency and don’t know what to do now!

Any ideas – please???

Thanks

Lukas

MrSlyFox

Re: EEA (PR) - anyone else waiting 4 weeks or more for passp

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 pm

I had my passport returned during my application in October and it took almost a full month from the first request. I just kept sending requests for returns of documents plus the progress update.

Request Form:
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
Progress Request:
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

I called the European Help-line and the guidance was we are unable to help ten working days after the request you submit a progress report then ten working days after that we can look into it. (I.e. twenty working days is basically a month after two online forms)

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:32 pm

You can't do anything to speed up the process.

It took 3 months in my first application. I made numerous requests to return my document. Numerous follow up requests. Numerous calls. I got my MP involved. I made an official complaint. And they did nothing. I received my document along with the decision and all other documents.

I recommend looking into alternatives, for example requesting a temporary travel document from your embassy, although I don't think it's as straightforward as it sounds.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:44 pm

salmintin wrote:I recommend looking into alternatives, for example requesting a temporary travel document from your embassy, although I don't think it's as straightforward as it sounds.
The American embassy allows its citizens to apply for a temporary emergency passport specifically because their current passport is being held by UKVI.

Other countries may do the same.

When I did my PR application back in December 2015 I asked for my passport back and I got it in 4 days.