ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible to apply on Set M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

innovation2000

Eligible to apply on Set M

Post by innovation2000 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Dear Moderators and senior members
I need advice for my cousin,details as below,
Arrived in UK on 31 January 2012 on Spouse visa which was valid for 27 months.Applied extension on FLR (M) before expiry of spouse visa as he couldn't pass the Life in UK test.HO issued him 30 months discreationery leave as he didn't submit A1 from approved body.On his brp it says "leave to remain " only.
Now please help on below questions,
1. Can he is eligible to apply ILR on Set M as he has passed Life in UK test and B1 SELT from Trinity College London?
2.If he is eligible to apply on Set M then please advise under which paragraph of immigration rules or any reference/link?
3.If he is not eligible to apply what other options he has; FLRO or any other forms?
I have seen few similiar scenarios on the board where ILR was granted
Many thanks for your help
Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligible to apply on Set M

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:36 pm

If he has been issued DLR, he needs to stay on that for 6 years before he will qualify for ILR on form Set(O). There is no short route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

innovation2000

Post by innovation2000 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi CR001

He was issued visa for two and half years(30 months) but he was issued spouse visa before 9 July 2012 and had completed two years as spouse of a settled person.So in this scenario if he is eligible to apply settlement on Set M form or his clock has reset after the issunce of 30 months discreationery leave?
Thanks for your time
Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:23 pm

DLR is issued for 3 years. If he has a visa issued for 2.5 years, then it is likely not DLR. Suggest your cousin register and post exactly what the situation is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.