ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Return !

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

BRP Return !

Post by janinah » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi All,

After Citizenship ceremony on last Thursday, I posted my BRP via Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery on Saturday to Home Office.

POL Returns
PO BOX 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT

This is address mentioned in the home office letter and their website. But, though it was next day delivery Monday, It was not delivered... instead it showing "ON ITS WAY TO PORTISHEAD PDO" last scanned yesterday Sunday 2pm. So, I called Royal Mail today to asked why it hasn't been delivered today. The Guy replied postcode "BS20 1BT" invalid on their system. asked me to call again tomorrow to check delivery status.

Now, I am little bit worried... as BRP need to be returned by 5 days... which will by tomorrow. ANd, why this postcode not showing their system... horrible situation

I wonder is anyone else faced same problem ? what should I do now ? If the post lost then ? or returned ? What should I do ?

Will be very happy if you share your view, experience...

Thank you in advance..

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: BRP Return !

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:25 pm

The HO request that it is returned within 5 days...which you have complied with. Not that they should receive it within 5 days.

You have proof of posting and regardless of lost or not delivered, you're in the clear. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Saga

Post by Saga » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Can Royal Mail Special Delivery deliver to PO Box addresses ? I though it has to be a street address?

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:37 pm

janinah wrote:Hi All,

After Citizenship ceremony on last Thursday, I posted my BRP via Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery on Saturday to Home Office.

POL Returns
PO BOX 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT

This is address mentioned in the home office letter and their website. But, though it was next day delivery Monday, It was not delivered... instead it showing "ON ITS WAY TO PORTISHEAD PDO" last scanned yesterday Sunday 2pm. So, I called Royal Mail today to asked why it hasn't been delivered today. The Guy replied postcode "BS20 1BT" invalid on their system. asked me to call again tomorrow to check delivery status.

Now, I am little bit worried... as BRP need to be returned by 5 days... which will by tomorrow. ANd, why this postcode not showing their system... horrible situation

I wonder is anyone else faced same problem ? what should I do now ? If the post lost then ? or returned ? What should I do ?

Will be very happy if you share your view, experience...

Thank you in advance..
This is strange.
I sent my BRP after ceremony 1st class signed for on 16/11/2016 and royal mail tracking does show that the letter was delivered on 17/11/2016 at the above address.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Yea strange... May be Royal Mail system problem..... or Flood... watching sky news.... Bristol flooded today....

One of my colleague faced almost similar problem 6 months ago when letter returned to him as it was not delivered... he sent again to the same address... & funny thing second time letter delivered... lol

Lets see what news waiting for tomorrow....