ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payroll issue

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ARiaz

Payroll issue

Post by ARiaz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:39 am

Dear Gurus,

My friend has messed up my payroll.
She assumed 60 hours/month for part time and 120 hours/month for full time and based on that she has processed the payroll for last 1 and half year!
I got to now this problem only days back and extension is due in 3 months time!!!
I have discussed with one accountant and he told me to re do all submission since day one with correct time & amount!
Please advise me on this crucial matter, much appreciated

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Payroll issue

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:49 am

Huh ??? Payroll has no time/hourly rate submission. Please elaborate more :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:36 am

zimba88 wrote:Huh ??? Payroll has no time/hourly rate submission. Please elaborate more :?
Actually how do one prove that employees are full time (40hrs/week) other than providing monthly payments amounts (FPS/RTI & Payslips) and a letter from the accountants confirming that?

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:20 am

zimba88 wrote:Huh ??? Payroll has no time/hourly rate submission. Please elaborate more :?
Thanks Zimba
My friend was processing the payroll for me and she has processed payroll based on 60 hours per month for part time employees but as per HO it should be 65 hours per month to claim the points i,e ( 15 x 52= 780 / 12 = 65 hours/month)

So basically she has underpaid employees by 5 hours each month so how can I rectify this?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:07 pm

My friend was processing the payroll for me and she has processed payroll based on 60 hours per month for part time employees but as per HO it should be 65 hours per month to claim the points i,e ( 15 x 52= 780 / 12 = 65 hours/month)
That is nonsensical :? If you work blew 30 hours a week you are part time, it can be 5 hours a week or 29 hours a week !
Who said you should work min 15 hours a week to be part-time !!!?
hamalt66 wrote:Actually how do one prove that employees are full time (40hrs/week) other than providing monthly payments amounts (FPS/RTI & Payslips) and a letter from the accountants confirming that?
First of all full time work is 30 hours a week, secondly neither FPS nor payslips show hourly rates, thirdly accountant's letter is useless :!:
The hourly rate is something YOU CLAIM ON THE FORM. To prove it, you send total salary payments proof (payslips) for a period and the total hours worked which YOU CLAIM your employee has worked. HO divides the total payments over the total hours and it should be equal to the the hourly rate YOU CLAIMED !
This can also be worked backwards, for example for a full time employee (Your hourly rate x min weekly hours required 30 X number of weeks worked) is calculated and then your total payments cannot be below this !!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:12 pm

zimba88 wrote: This can also be worked backwards, for example for a full time employee (Your hourly rate x min weekly hours required 30 X number of weeks worked) is calculated and then your total payments cannot be below this !!
So I guess payslips (the actual money paid to employees) would be the most important evidence showing this?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:15 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
zimba88 wrote: This can also be worked backwards, for example for a full time employee (Your hourly rate x min weekly hours required 30 X number of weeks worked) is calculated and then your total payments cannot be below this !!
So I guess payslips (the actual money paid to employees) would be the most important evidence showing this?
yes

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:18 pm

zimba88 wrote:
hamalt66 wrote:
yes
Makes sense.

ARiaz

Post by ARiaz » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:05 pm

zimba88 wrote:
That is nonsensical :? If you work blew 30 hours a week you are part time, it can be 5 hours a week or 29 hours a week !
Who said you should work min 15 hours a week to be part-time !!!?
hamalt66 wrote:Actually how do one prove that employees are full time (40hrs/week) other than providing monthly payments amounts (FPS/RTI & Payslips) and a letter from the accountants confirming that?
First of all full time work is 30 hours a week, secondly neither FPS nor payslips show hourly rates, thirdly accountant's letter is useless :!:
The hourly rate is something YOU CLAIM ON THE FORM. To prove it, you send total salary payments proof (payslips) for a period and the total hours worked which YOU CLAIM your employee has worked. HO divides the total payments over the total hours and it should be equal to the the hourly rate YOU CLAIMED !
This can also be worked backwards, for example for a full time employee (Your hourly rate x min weekly hours required 30 X number of weeks worked) is calculated and then your total payments cannot be below this !!

Thanks Zimba,
Could you please tell me in one line which payroll document I have to prepare for application. I am quite confused with noise even HO list :(

sgdxb
Newly Registered

Post by sgdxb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:17 pm

ARiaz wrote:Dear Gurus,

My friend has messed up my payroll.
She assumed 60 hours/month for part time and 120 hours/month for full time and based on that she has processed the payroll for last 1 and half year!
I got to now this problem only days back and extension is due in 3 months time!!!
I have discussed with one accountant and he told me to re do all submission since day one with correct time & amount!
Please advise me on this crucial matter, much appreciated
Hi,

Have you checked on the form Table 3B2 and in Annex F? It says, "We consider full-time to be 30 hours per week / 120 hours per month"

If you employ someone on 30 hours/week on hourly basis, in some month they will work 120 hours. However the annual average will be 130 hours.

Regards,
SG

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:59 pm

HO hourly requirement is based on the fact that a year is 52 weeks and a 30 hour role in 52 week will then be 1560 hours for one role/position.
Most people think a month is 4 weeks which is NOT CORRECT. Calculate the hours worked on a weekly basis not monthly !!

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:22 pm

zimba88 wrote:HO hourly requirement is based on the fact that a year is 52 weeks and a 30 hour role in 52 week will then be 1560 hours for one role/position.
Most people think a month is 4 weeks which is NOT CORRECT. Calculate the hours worked on a weekly basis not monthly !!
Is there a place in the form where you put the hours worked? I thought you only put the pay rate (£/hr) and provide payments evidence (i.e. FPS & Payslips) and the case worker will divide the confirm if you fulfilled the requirement. Is that not so?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:44 pm

No but you need to calculate them to be sure. I already covered that in our previous discussion here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 20287.html