ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General visa - new entrant or experienced?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sedra
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General visa - new entrant or experienced?

Post by sedra » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:25 pm

I want to switch to Tier 2 General from Tier 1 Entrepreneur, age above 26. Want to apply for three years. For salary rate, am I considered experienced or entrant? Is experienced rate just matters for applications for more than three years?

eduleal

Re: Tier 2 General visa - new entrant or experienced?

Post by eduleal » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:41 pm

New entrant applies to the following :

The lower pay threshold for new entrant employees is set at the 10th percentile of the pay distribution for
full-time employees in that occupation. The new entrant thresholds apply to:
 Graduates switching into Tier 2 (General) within the UK from the student route or Tier 1 (PostStudy
Work);
 Graduate recruits where you have used a university “milkround” to satisfy the Resident Labour
Market Test;
 Graduates sponsored in the Intra-Company Transfer Graduate Trainee route; and
 Workers making a Tier 2 application who are aged 25 or under on the date they apply.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

ucio36
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by ucio36 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:44 pm

I thought the age limit is under "26" not under "25"?

The applicant is considered to be a “new entrant” due to one of the following:
(i) he is exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test due to the post-study work provisions in paragraph 78B above,
(ii) his Sponsor satisfied the Resident Labour Market Test under the provisions for “new graduate jobs or internships” in the first row of Table 11B above, or
(iii) he was under the age of 26 on the date the application was made
and, in all cases, the applicant is not applying for a grant of leave that would extend his total stay in Tier 2 and/or as a Work Permit Holder beyond 3 years and 1 month.

Minimum salary:
£20,800 per year or the appropriate rate for the job as stated in Appendix J, whichever is higher

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... attributes
Table 11CA

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:50 pm

ucio36 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:44 pm
I thought the age limit is under "26" not under "25"?

The applicant is considered to be a “new entrant” due to one of the following:
(i) he is exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test due to the post-study work provisions in paragraph 78B above,
(ii) his Sponsor satisfied the Resident Labour Market Test under the provisions for “new graduate jobs or internships” in the first row of Table 11B above, or
(iii) he was under the age of 26 on the date the application was made
and, in all cases, the applicant is not applying for a grant of leave that would extend his total stay in Tier 2 and/or as a Work Permit Holder beyond 3 years and 1 month.

Minimum salary:
£20,800 per year or the appropriate rate for the job as stated in Appendix J, whichever is higher

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... attributes
Table 11CA

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks
This topic is from 2016. Kindly refrain from digging up and tagging onto old threads. The '25' was likely a TYPO!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.