ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaoumani
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit refused

Post by Kaoumani » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Hey everyone!

I am writing here because I think that I will get some advice from you. Thanks in advance. :D

My situation is the following:

I have met my husband in 01-10-2015, and he came to engage me in 23-03-2016 and we finally married in 07-10-2016. Our culture and religion (we're muslims) doesn't allow us to have a relationship out of marriage, so we considered that we want to marry each other. He lives in the UK since 2004 and he's Spanish and he is working there. We meet every 2 or 3 months because of his work, we can only talk in Facetime, and other communication apps. I was finishing my master in Spain, and after that i wanted to join him.

I applied for a visa in the visa center of madrid in 11-11-2016 and they said me the following answer:

"In assessing your individual application, it has not been necessary to interview you.

The Decision:

• You state you first met your sponsor on 01/10/15, entered into a relationship on 31/12/15 and married on 07/10/16. You state neither party has been married or in a long term relationship akin to marriage and that your sponsor has resided in the UK since 09/01/04. To demonstrate the relationship you have provided a marriage certificate. Given the statements regarding your relationship and the duration of your sponsor’s residence in the UK, it would not be unreasonable to expect further documentation to establish that the relationship is as stated, such as, but by no means is this list exhaustive, photographs or evidence of correspondence. In the absence of other supporting documentation, I am not satisfied that the relationship is as stated.
• The definition of ‘spouse’ in the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 does not include a party to a marriage of convenience. I am satisfied that you are party to a marriage of convenience and are therefore not the family member of an EEA national in accordance with Regulation 7 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.

I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 7 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006
."

Please, If you can help me with this, it will be easier for me. We think that is better to apply again because the appeal will take much time.
Last edited by Kaoumani on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT REFUSED

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Apply again, submitting evidence of how you have kept in contact during your time apart.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.