ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Migrant Visa Query - URG

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NithyaA
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Migrant Visa Query - URG

Post by NithyaA » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:04 am

Morning

Please can you help me with below query asap.
I've a Cos from my employer which is for 4 years (Nov-2016 to Nov-2020)
And also applied for Tier 2 General Visa from India (chosen 3 years)

Today, i received a call from British high commission that 3 years visa cannot be approved in this case as COS is for 4 years and i need to re-apply Visa again by choosing 5 years period (or) provide amended cos for only 3 years.

My questions:
1. Can my employer amend COS to 3 years (i.e. till Nov 2019) without going through the whole work permit approval process again?

2. I don't understand why can't i apply 3 years Visa (with 4 years valid COS) as i can then later extend for another year.

3. If I reapply visa (for 5 years), then will that be approved as COS is only for 4 years?

Thanks is advance.

Nithya

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General Migrant Visa Query - URG

Post by iworker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:40 am

First you need to stop believing that what you think is right can happen. It doesnt work that way.

Then you need to recall what they said over the phone. Maybe they have given u an option to reapply with additional fee and form filling so u dont loose the fee that u paid when u applied. If that is the case, you should be grateful to them.

From what i can see, the cos status would have been changed to used and employer cant add a note to it.

1. No
2. You pay as per the cos deails. If the cos is issued for even a day over than 3 years, u pay for 5 years fee, however IHS is paid as per how long the visa is given.
3. If the decision has been made a rejected, with cos status changed to used in sms (your employer can check that), in that case, they will need to re-issue a new cos and u will need to apply again. The visa is given for the duration on the cos.