ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor VISA Documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asiddhu12
Newly Registered

Standard Visitor VISA Documents

Post by asiddhu12 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Dear Experts,

Need your Valuable advise applying for standard visitor VISA from India for my brother (31 years old), father & mother. My question is how to prepare best so that my Brother's VISA is approved. I have read in forums, that Visa officers refuse many applications, saying they can't find enough proof that young people will return.

The situation is,
1. My Family is in UK on Work Permit. My 2 Sister's families are settled in UK
2. My Father runs a business in India and my brother helps him, full time
3. My brother has decent balance in his account (No properties in his name though!)

My questions are,
1. Should I sponsor all 3 of them or should I get them to show that they will take care of all expenses & travel
2. What supporting documents will I need for my Brother's application?
3. Can I apply for full 6 months
4. What are chances of approval?

Regards,

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Standard Visitor VISA Documents

Post by poper » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:41 pm

asiddhu12 wrote:Dear Experts,

Need your Valuable advise applying for standard visitor VISA from India for my brother (31 years old), father & mother. My question is how to prepare best so that my Brother's VISA is approved. I have read in forums, that Visa officers refuse many applications, saying they can't find enough proof that young people will return.

The situation is,
1. My Family is in UK on Work Permit. My 2 Sister's families are settled in UK
2. My Father runs a business in India and my brother helps him, full time
3. My brother has decent balance in his account (No properties in his name though!)

My questions are,
1. Should I sponsor all 3 of them or should I get them to show that they will take care of all expenses & travel
This entirely depends on whether you have enough funds to sponsor them for their travel, stay. If you decide to sponsor them, pass on a Sponsorship letter and a Letter of Invitation
2. What supporting documents will I need for my Brother's application?
Bank statements, fixed deposits, IT Returns, provide adequate proof of his involvement in business within home country
Show other relevant associations with home country if applicable...

3. Can I apply for full 6 months
They usually give you a minimum of six months but you need to say the tentative travel dates and the duration of stay while applying
4. What are chances of approval?

Regards,
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.