ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help. Tier 2 Refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Urgent Help. Tier 2 Refused

Post by silverbridge » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:55 pm

I am currently working as a doctor and have 3 years Tier 2 Visa and Sponsored by my Hospital. I received another job offer from another hospital and they issued me a Cos which i used to apply for Tier 2 Visa.

However, Their Medical Staffing did a huge mistake by not doing the RLMT, so the application for Tier 2 was refused.

In the meantime, I didn't resign from my current job, and my current Cos still valid not assigned as Finishing my Notice period.
Should I be worried or go to an immigration lawyer? will this refusal decision about the New Tier 2 i was applying for, affect my current Tier 2 Visa?

one other thing, I applied using the Priority Service, They posted me back my passports, but not the police registration form. does this mean anything? and how i can get it back?

any help is much appreciated
Thank you in advance

eduleal

Re: Urgent Help. Tier 2 Refused

Post by eduleal » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:10 pm

If you haven't given notice to your current employer, the unsuccessful application will NOT affect your current visa. You can still work for your current employer as long as your current visa is valid and even extend it before it expires should you wish to do so.

Not doing a RLMT for a change of employment was a very basic mistake.
If they do decide to apply again through a new COS it will be tricky to prove you haven't been pre-selected for a new RLMT.

But you can stick to your current employment, none of the above will affect that.

You should call UKVI to ask about your police registration certificate, as those should be returned to you.

silverbridge
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help. Tier 2 Refused

Post by silverbridge » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:44 am

eduleal wrote:If you haven't given notice to your current employer, the unsuccessful application will NOT affect your current visa. You can still work for your current employer as long as your current visa is valid and even extend it before it expires should you wish to do so.

Not doing a RLMT for a change of employment was a very basic mistake.
If they do decide to apply again through a new COS it will be tricky to prove you haven't been pre-selected for a new RLMT.

But you can stick to your current employment, none of the above will affect that.

You should call UKVI to ask about your police registration certificate, as those should be returned to you.
Much appreciated. Thank you for your help