ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

English Requirements

Post by janinah » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi,

My wife extended her visa switching from Tier 2 Dependent to Spouse Visa last year after I got ILR. She passed A1 IELTS Exam before the Spouse Visa Application. As far i know this test result validity period 2 years. In that case next year when she will need to apply for Spouse Visa Extension, will it be needed English Test Again ? What about 2 years later for ILR then Naturalisation time ? Will it be required new english test for every type visa level ? What is A1, A2 , B1 & B2 ? Is it possible to het one test which will satisfy all english requirements ? Every year or so Test & test fee...unacceptable... She has BSc degree in Engineering from back home South Asia. Will it be helpful ?

Sorry, i am confused.... i have UK degree thats why I was exempted in all english requirements... i wish if she can get something similar way easily...

Thanks in Advance...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Requirements

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:35 pm

janinah wrote:In that case next year when she will need to apply for Spouse Visa Extension, will it be needed English Test Again ? From 1st May 2017, FLR(M) extension applicants will need Enklish A2 from an HO approved test provider.

What about 2 years later for ILR then Naturalisation time ? B1 level is required for ILR and British citizenship

Will it be required new english test for every type visa level ? What is A1, A2 , B1 & B2 ? Is it possible to het one test which will satisfy all english requirements ? Every year or so Test & test fee...unacceptable... She has BSc degree in Engineering from back home South Asia. Will it be helpful ? It is the applicants responsibility to keep up to date with what the requirements are for whichever step in the immigration process they are applying for. For a foreign degree, UK NARIC ELA is required.

Sorry, i am confused.... i have UK degree thats why I was exempted in all english requirements... i wish if she can get something similar way easily...

Thanks in Advance...
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:42 pm

Thank you very much.

How UK NARIC ELA works ? What service she needs from them. As far i know NARIC certify and compare foreign degree with UK degree and confirm its level... So, for English Degree requirements what service we need to ask from them ?What documents required and how long it takes ?

Thanks Again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.