ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Role change in Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinit_tyagi
Newly Registered

Role change in Tier 2 General

Post by vinit_tyagi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi,
I came here 3 years ago on tier 2 general visa. Now my employer is going to change my role. Although my new role will still be in the same SOC code but It's making me a bit worried.
  • 1. Does it still require RLMT?
    2. Would it require a new CoS as well?
    3. Should I or my employer notify this to UKBA?
    4. Could this be an issue at the time of ILR?
Thanks,
Vinit

eduleal

Re: Role change in Tier 2 General

Post by eduleal » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi,
I came here 3 years ago on tier 2 general visa. Now my employer is going to change my role. Although my new role will still be in the same SOC code but It's making me a bit worried.
1. Does it still require RLMT?
2. Would it require a new CoS as well?
3. Should I or my employer notify this to UKBA?
4. Could this be an issue at the time of ILR?
1. No, it shouldn't. As long as it's the same SOC code, it should simply be treated as an extension of your current visa.
2. No, it doesn't need a new visa, so it doesn't need a new COS and therefore it doesn't need RLMT.
3. UKBA is long gone, so you'd have trouble notifying them. It's UKVI they would need to notify, and also worth you sending a change of circumstances form in the post. Absolutely, always notify them of any changes - just make sure you mention it's in the same SOC code.
4. This shouldn't be an issue at all for ILR.