ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

part time phd

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pd1gtk
Newly Registered

part time phd

Post by pd1gtk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have been in the UK on a tier 4 visa for the past year. I have been looking for funding to do a PhD but have been unsuccesful thus far. My question is if it is possible to carry out part time PhD if i get a Tier 2 visa to come back to the UK which I am thinking of doing as the fees will be much lower and the I can cover my living expenses as well.
Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: part time phd

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:37 pm

pd1gtk wrote:Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have been in the UK on a tier 4 visa for the past year. I have been looking for funding to do a PhD but have been unsuccesful thus far. My question is if it is possible to carry out part time PhD if i get a Tier 2 visa to come back to the UK which I am thinking of doing as the fees will be much lower and the I can cover my living expenses as well.
Thank you.
Why do you think the fees will be lower on T2?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pd1gtk
Newly Registered

Post by pd1gtk » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:35 pm

I know the fee will remain the same. I want to know whether I will be allowed to do the part time PhD on tier 2 or not

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:22 am

pd1gtk wrote:I know the fee will remain the same. I want to know whether I will be allowed to do the part time PhD on tier 2 or not

You will be allowed to study as long as the study time does not affect your responsibility to your tier 2 sponsor ( employer).
If your contract says x hrs per week as long as you fulfil that, the you can do your PhD part time.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.